Thread: 6.0.1 - Can't Register / Register doesn't work behind proxy

You found a bug! We've classified it as MVSP-166 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Default Answered: 6.0.1 - Can't Register / Register doesn't work behind proxy

I am a paid Sencha subscriber and I installed the plugin. When I launch Visual Studio 2013, I am prompted to enter my Sencha ID and password. I entered this and clicked Register.

After doing this, there is a red message that says "An error occurred while sending the request.". I can't do anything at this point. If I click Cancel, I get a message saying "The Sencha Visual Studio Plugin will be disabled until a valid license is obtained.". I'm behind a proxy server - does your plugin work behind a proxy server? Since this software is targeted to the enterprise customer, I would think it would?

Your documentation states I can goto "Tools > Extensions and Updates > Sencha Visual Studio Extension" and see a Register a Copy, but this button isn't there either.

So I'm stuck. How do I use the plugin?

2. Quote Originally Posted by composer47 View Post
    I opened a support ticket, but how does this help others that can view this forum? Can you at least answer the question as to whether the plugin works behind a proxy? And if not, is there an ETA when this will be fixed? A lot of us work on machines that have no direct access to the the Internet.
    We don't currently support proxy servers for our license/registration in our plugins. I'll open a ticket to see what we can do to make this process smoother in the future.

If anyone else is behind a proxy or cannot connect when trying to register their plugin, please contact https://support.sencha.com or [email protected].

Note that we'll need the following information from you:
    - Sencha Forum ID
    - Activation Code (if you are a paid user)
    - Your machine's MAC addresses
    - What tools you need licenses for

Sencha - Product Team
    Answers

Hi!

Since you are Sencha customer, can you please open up ticket in support portal
    https://support.sencha.com
    The Support team will be able to resolve this issue quickly. Thanks!

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

I opened a support ticket, but how does this help others that can view this forum? Can you at least answer the question as to whether the plugin works behind a proxy? And if not, is there an ETA when this will be fixed? A lot of us work on machines that have no direct access to the the Internet.

Sencha - Dev Team
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by composer47 View Post
    We don't currently support proxy servers for our license/registration in our plugins. I'll open a ticket to see what we can do to make this process smoother in the future.

If anyone else is behind a proxy or cannot connect when trying to register their plugin, please contact https://support.sencha.com or [email protected].

Note that we'll need the following information from you:
    - Sencha Forum ID
    - Activation Code (if you are a paid user)
    - Your machine's MAC addresses
    - What tools you need licenses for

Sencha - Dev Team
    Answers

Thanks for the report! I have opened a ticket in our tracker.