Thread: IntelliSense not working on already created project

Sencha User
    Answers

Default Answered: IntelliSense not working on already created project

I'm having a little trouble with getting IntelliSense to work on an existing project. I have all of the requirements listed in the guide, and I have verified that I installed the plugin properly by creating a new Sencha project, and seeing IntelliSense working in that project. For the following steps, I will be using this working Sencha project. Steps to reproduce:
    1. Right click the project and select "Remove Sencha Nature from Project"
    2. Verify that yes, I have lost my IntelliSense
    3. Right click and select "Add Sencha Nature to Project"
    4. Wait for Parsing the JS files for IntelliSense to finish (doesn't take nearly as long as it did when I first created the project)
    5. Verify IntelliSense, but notice it is not working

In reality, I am trying to add the Sencha Nature to an existing project that I did not create in Visual Studio, but seeing as clicking "Add Sencha Nature to Project" doesn't even work for a project I created in the IDE, then I will wait for an answer before continuing on. I think this might be the same issue as in this thread, but the steps to fix by Alexander did not help.

2. Hello incutonez, the new GA release of Visual Studio Plugin is public. Please try it now and let us now if your problem is solved.

Sencha User
    Answers

Hi incutonez,
    I'm sorry about your issue. Could you provide some more information please? Which Ext JS version and Cmd you are using (in case of Ext JS 6+ which toolkit) in your working project and which Visual Studio you are using. Could you also check that if you select 'Add Sencha Nature to Project' process 'tern-win64.exe' starts in Task Manger?

Sencha User
    Answers

Hello Alexander,

I'm using Ext JS v5.1.1, Cmd 6.0.2.14, and VS 14.0.23107.0 D14REL with .NET 4.6.00081. Yes, that process starts and stops when it stops showing in VS as Parsing JS Files.

Sencha User
    Answers

Hello incutonez,thanks for information I would like ask you some additional questions: what type of Visual Studio are you using? (Community, Enterprise..), what is your OS (type and version 32/64bit). I'm trying to reproduce this issue.

Sencha User
    Answers

No problem. I'm using the Professional version with Win7 64bit. It's good to note that my solution is set up like the following... in the solution file:
    • I have directories (like Presentation Layer, Data Layer, etc)
    • In these directories, I can have as many VS projects as I wish
    • It's in one of these directories that I created a VS Sencha Web App

Sencha User
    Answers

Hello incutonez,
    thank you for your additional information. I finally reproduced your problem. The issue occurs when you create an ExtJS application inside the solution folder. This is of course a bug which I'm gonna report.
    Also I've got a workaround for you: Add to your solution ExtJS projects (outside of solution folder ) and IntelliSense will work for all ExtJS project within solution. For better understanding I attached figure of my Solution hierarchy:

SolutionFolderBug.PNG

As you can see for the project inside Folder1 I've got a project where mentioned issue occurs. So I added a new ExtJS project to the solution and IntelliSense works for both of the projects. Of course you are able to Add/Remove Sencha Nature for 'ClassicExtJSApp'.
    I hope it helps and also I thank you for Your cooperation

Sencha User
    Answers

I'm confused by the proposed solution... you want me to have two Ext JS projects to fix the issue? I also can't move my projects around, so I guess I'll just wait for the patch. Thanks!

Sencha User
    Answers

Hello incutonez, the new GA release of Visual Studio Plugin is public. Please try it now and let us now if your problem is solved.