Thread: superdev mode with chrome browser add breakpoints:get no values for the watch express

Sencha Premium Member

Exclamation superdev mode with chrome browser add breakpoints:get no values for the watch express

Hi,

i use the super dev mode on gwt 2.7.0 with gxt 3.1.4 and show all in chrome Version 45.0.2454.101 m. Now i make a breakpoint in chrome and the the client stop there as i'm looking forward for. Now i add a expression to the watch and no value is sown. I try it with several values, same effect <not available>. I enable 'javascript source maps' already. Same problem in eclipse with the chrome plugin.

Has any one an idea?

thanks

Thomas

Sencha Premium Member

Default Post a picture

Sencha Premium Member

Any one any idea? Please H E L P !

Sencha Sr Product Manager

Sorry for the delay. I can't see the screenshot to see what's missing. Would you have some source code that replicates the problem that I could try out locally?

Sencha Premium User

Exclamation Sorry, no source code

I explain my problem above. I can not see the values of the variables or methods in the debugging mode in chrome browsers, sorry. You can build your own application in gxt and run it in chrome and make a breakpoint in, so you can see the problem i have.

I explain the picture:

you see the red rectangle i made for you in the right. There stands a variable name in the 'watch' ( i copied in). If i make a breakpoint the program stops there and i should see the value of the vaiable in the 'watch', or not?

Thomas

You should see the variables when chrome pauses on the break point, so I'm not sure I understand yet what is happening. I haven't used a watch in this context yet so I might be missing something. They will look javascriptish, such as myvalue_0_$ so you have to trim off some of the naming.

I'm attaching a screenshot of my source map with a breakpoint and the javascript variables to the right. Do you have variables like that on the right?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sencha Premium User

Thank you branflake,yes i see the variables like that on the right, but i can not match the java script and the java source. For excample you have a selection handler in your source code sample, how can you see the value of the boolean 'cell' in the handler? I can not find it on the right in the variables.Thomas

I did a test with a grid selection handler, and used the GWT.debugger to break in chrome and I can see the variables on the right. They are a bit different than java object, but I see them there. I'm wondering if it's not working or maybe there isn't a direct relationship scene?

Screen Shot 2015-10-29 at 4.17.15 PM.jpg

Sencha Premium Member

Yes now i find my variable values, i do not know why i couldn't found ist before, sorry about this stupid question and thank you for your patience. Thomas

Thanks for asking. No question is ever stupid.