Thread: Chromebooks do not register clicks

You found a bug! We've classified it as EXTJS-21128 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Ext JS Premium Member

Default Chromebooks do not register clicks

Hello All,

I'm running into quite an issue on Chromebooks. It seems that buttons and tabpanels are not registering clicks on several different models.

A simple example like: http://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/utl will fail to work on most Asus and Samsung chromebooks.

Has anyone run into this?

Ext JS Premium Member

A small update, it seems to work fine on 4.2, but breaks on 5.0+

Sencha User

Thanks for the report. I tried various versions of Chrome, but things seem to work as expected. Do you see the issue in this Fiddle as well?
    https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/uto

Ext JS Premium Member

Nope, nothing. It works great on Chrome on Macs/PCs, etc. Just chromebooks.

If I go into chrome://flags and disable 'Enable Touch Events', I can click, but then the touchscreen on Chrome is disabled.

Sencha Premium User

Anyone knows the fix for this problem? It's still an issue with 6.0.2 version

Sencha Premium User

I solved it by modifying Ext.event.publisher.Gesture class constructor to listen for mouse events in case this is Chrome OS.

Code:
    if (!handledDomEvents.length || (supportsTouchEvents && Ext.isWebKit && (Ext.os.is.Desktop || Ext.os.name === 'ChromeOS'))) {
    // If the browser doesn't have pointer events or touch events we use mouse events // to trigger gestures. The exception to this rule is touch enabled webkit // browsers such as chrome on Windows 8. These browsers accept both touch and // mouse input, so we need to listen for both touch events and mouse events. handledDomEvents.push('mousedown', 'mousemove', 'mouseup');
    }

I hope fix will be included in next ExtJS release.

Ext JS Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by ykvartsy View Post
    I solved it by modifying Ext.event.publisher.Gesture class constructor to listen for mouse events in case this is Chrome OS.

Code:
    if (!handledDomEvents.length || (supportsTouchEvents && Ext.isWebKit && (Ext.os.is.Desktop || Ext.os.name === 'ChromeOS'))) {
    // If the browser doesn't have pointer events or touch events we use mouse events // to trigger gestures. The exception to this rule is touch enabled webkit // browsers such as chrome on Windows 8. These browsers accept both touch and // mouse input, so we need to listen for both touch events and mouse events. handledDomEvents.push('mousedown', 'mousemove', 'mouseup');
    }

I hope fix will be included in next ExtJS release.
    You are awesome my friend, thank you!

Sencha User

We're tracking this issue as EXTJS-21128. Still unresolved at this time.

Ext JS Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by mharris45 View Post
    You are awesome my friend, thank you!
    Do you literally mean you changed it in the source code? or did you accomplish this via an override?

I was testing using Fiddle on a Chromebook with touch enabled and quickly realized even fiddle was broken because its in ext too.