Thread: Sencha Cmd 6.0.1.76 quiet install does not include compass

You found a bug! We've classified it as SDKTOOLS-1231 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.

Default Sencha Cmd 6.0.1.76 quiet install does not include compass

I've tried installing Sencha Cmd 6.0.1.76 a variety of ways, and it seems that compass is only installed if you type in "1" at the right time during a manual installation.

Why is compass not installed by default? It is required if you want to build your application. It doesn't make sense to not include it.

Installing Sencha Cmd quietly also doesn't install compass, which is a real frustration when you want to include it as part of a test build process or something similar... some automated script.

Is there some hidden option that allows a quiet install to include compass?

Sencha - Support Team bjdurham85's Avatar

Hi krullj,

This has been reported and will be corrected in a future release. I'll attach your thread with the ticket in our bug system for updates as well as the original thread in case you would like to see a potential workaround.

https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?303323

Regards,
    Bryan

The top of this thread says it has been fixed (which is not true) while the thread you linked to says it is not yet fixed. Why is this thread's message wrong?

Thanks for the info. I've updated the flag, the bug tracking system is in a fixed/pending verification state (most likely hasn't been pushed to the original thread).

I've made a note with your findings. Just so I have all the details, when you installed the latest Cmd did you supply the -all parameter and it not include Compass?

Regards,
    Bryan

I tried using the "-all" option (though I couldn't find it documented anywhere) and it did not help. Compass was still not installed.

I ran:
    Code:
    ./SenchaCmd-6.0.1.76-linux-amd64.sh -q -all

Updated this information in our bug tracking system, thanks again for the info.

Regards,
    Bryan

As a workaround, you can copy the sencha-compass folder from a manual installation into the extensions directory, and it will work just fine. Annoying if you're trying to automate installations, but manageable if you're creating a VM image.

As an aside - the bug report that I've got for this is SDKTOOLS-1231 (same as shown on the top of this thread); the status shown in my support request on this issue is that it's been fixed in 6.0.1.76, but I'm guessing that's not the case...