Thread: Unable to connect when not using localhost

Sencha User

Default Answered: Unable to connect when not using localhost

Hello,

Do to circumstances beyond my control I can not run my application via localhost. As well, I can't run the app through sencha's webserver due to authentication and authorization.

I get around the localhost issue by simply adding a host entry (mac osx) and point a domain name at 127.0.0.1, such as foo.mydomain.com. When doing this, there does not seem to be a way to connect to Sencha Inspector. I have tried both setting it up in code and using the bookmarklet.

I am using HTTPS as well. From Chrome's 'net' debug window I can see a connection to the Inspectors webserver to retrieve inspector.js but the connection is never shown.

Any thoughts on why the connection can't be made if not using localhost?

Thanks

2. So there may be two things going on here:

First, you're using HTTPS. The EAP ships with a self-signed SSL certificate for our internal server, so it's possible that your connection to https://localhost:3000 gets refused until you manually accept our certificate. (This will be fixed in our upcoming beta). To check, simply visit that URL in your browser -- you may get prompted to manually accept our cert.

Second, what browser are you using? IE11 blocks web socket connections to localhost unless you disable some security feature, so that could be a problem.

Sencha Developer
    Answers

So there may be two things going on here:

First, you're using HTTPS. The EAP ships with a self-signed SSL certificate for our internal server, so it's possible that your connection to https://localhost:3000 gets refused until you manually accept our certificate. (This will be fixed in our upcoming beta). To check, simply visit that URL in your browser -- you may get prompted to manually accept our cert.

Second, what browser are you using? IE11 blocks web socket connections to localhost unless you disable some security feature, so that could be a problem.