Thread: How can I create new Extjs-6 application without sencha cmd?

Default Answered: How can I create new Extjs-6 application without sencha cmd?

I'm developing some Extjs 6 applications. I'm using Sench Cmd 6 for creating new application. For every project, It copy js library files. I want to copy library files to a directory and then all of my application use that same files(That files are in library files as follow).
    | -- library files
    | -- Project 1
    | -- Project 2
    | -- etc.

In the other words, I don't want to use Sencha Cmd for creating base application?

How do I do ?

2. Well you can still use whole library from Sdk (build folder) however if you dont create your own build process, loading of application will be really slow. For example client always download whole Ext JS library for Hello world application. Dont forget Sencha has some caching mechanisms too, some classes like ux are separated in packages so you need process loading of these packages manually. My recommendation forget this bloody structure and use Sencha Cmd You can take a focus on code and avoid problems with loading. Theming is a chapter in itself.

Sencha User

my guess is that you want to do so:
    sencha generate workspace path/WorkSpaceName
    sencha generate app AppName path/WorkSpaceName/AppDir

so you can have a lot of applications in the same place with just one of the ext directory(lib files)

thanks for your reply. I don't want to use sencha cmd. I want to add needed library to index.html by hand like extjs 4.

I add ext-all.js(of extjs 6), but it not support toolkits.

Answers

Well you can still use whole library from Sdk (build folder) however if you dont create your own build process, loading of application will be really slow. For example client always download whole Ext JS library for Hello world application. Dont forget Sencha has some caching mechanisms too, some classes like ux are separated in packages so you need process loading of these packages manually. My recommendation forget this bloody structure and use Sencha Cmd You can take a focus on code and avoid problems with loading. Theming is a chapter in itself.

Answers

Sencha Cmd is a real hog... I don't use it either and if I use Ext JS I use it to build tools that will be changed and published on the fly as small addon apps in a bigger app.

Normally an end user will only load ext-all.js once and then it's all gravy. Show a throbber on page background while loading the files and go from there. I should also say that I've used Ext JS for internal projects where download speed can be taken out of the equation. Nevertheless, speeds are picking up online so less of an issue these days. Also keep in mind that getting all of the Ext JS leaves little else to download.

If you want to create a simple custom build process you can find the classes loaded in dependency order in the loader history (http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.0/6.0...operty-history). All classes "required" will be there after your app has started so make sure to require all classes needed for the app. Just merge the files using commandline in same order and pack with yui compressor and you're good to go.
    Kristian Ask
    United Nations OPS