Thread: Found a few problems with Ext 4.2.3.1477 app

Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for INS-158 in BETA.
    Sencha Premium Member

Default Answered: Found a few problems with Ext 4.2.3.1477 app

Store browser will not work with TreeStore, its calling getRange() which does not exist in this version of ExtJS. Looks like this is on Ext.data.Store, but Ext.data.TreeStore does not extend from it in 4.2.3.

App architecture also has problems, with this block:

Code:
            if (f.stores !== null) {
                g = g.concat(f.stores)
            }
    Seems to work better with:

Code:
            if (f.stores !== null && f.stores !== undefined) {
                g = g.concat(f.stores)
            }
    Even then it seems that the tree node for Stores, will not collapse, unsure why.

Looks promising though ;-)

--jason

2. Thanks for the detailed report! TreeStores do have a few issues right now, but they should be corrected by GA.

Sencha Developer
    Answers

Thanks for the detailed report! TreeStores do have a few issues right now, but they should be corrected by GA.

Sencha Developer
    Answers

As it turns out, "fixing" the functionality for Ext JS 4.2.x is likely to be incredibly difficult. None of the APIs are available (a consequence of TreeStore not inheriting directly from Store) and re-creating the functionality will be an undertaking I'm not willing to officially support at this time.

However, I did add some logic to prevent TreeStores from throwing errors

Sencha Developer
    Answers

And FWIW, the App Architecture tab has been completely re-thought for the upcoming beta release.

Sencha Premium Member

FTR I'm not overly concerned if you can't make it work with Ext JS 4.2, but you might want to update the supported versions to be 5.x + or whatever the real supported range is. I tried it because it said it would work with 4.2.x and it clearly didn't (kinda did, but also exploded in lots of ways).

Sencha Developer
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    FTR I'm not overly concerned if you can't make it work with Ext JS 4.2, but you might want to update the supported versions to be 5.x + or whatever the real supported range is. I tried it because it said it would work with 4.2.x and it clearly didn't (kinda did, but also exploded in lots of ways).
    We are committed to supporting 4.2.x -- so while significant API differences may prevent us from adequately inspecting the records in a TreeStore (at least with the current UI, a paged grid), I think it's a bit early to throw in the towel there.

Can you elaborate on "exploded in lots of ways"? The issue with TreeStores was already known to me, but everything else I (and our QA team) have seen indicates that 4.2.x works just fine with Sencha Inspector. If you're seeing specific problems I'll be happy to log some bugs and (try to) fix them.

Sencha Premium Member

I'd have to look again, but tree store exploded, app architecture exploded, some Ext.encode() caused stack overflows (not really your problem, but not all objects can be cleanly rendered). Aside from that I don't remember.