Thread: Feature request: copy/paste project inspector items between projects

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Default Feature request: copy/paste project inspector items between projects

I have to set up some date from/to search fields in a new project and I'm looking at my last project, just wishing there was some way to copy and paste those combo boxes and their config from one project to another.

Please consider this for a new release, please, please, please.

If I was adventurous enough I'd mangle the metadata files but could end up taking more time than just re-configuring four combo boxes.

Sencha User
    Answers

Hi Marc--

Thanks for the suggestion! Being able to import classes from other projects has been previously filed as a feature request. I can't speak definitively as to if and when it will be incorporated, but it is a known request.

Thanks!
    Joel

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Thanks. You can right-click and export classes now, and import them (after adding them to the toolbox, which is an annoying middle step), but I would like to be able to right-click on a sub-tree of the component hierarchy and copy/paste a branch of components between projects. This should be allowable when copying from projects using older frameworks to newer versions, but not the other way around.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Even within the same project would be nice too!
    The existing 'duplicate' works but can be a bit tedious when trying to drag the duplicate to another view in a large project.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Answers

Dragging items around a large project is generally a pain. If the copy/paste is implemented I'd really like to see a "Paste as Link" option to be able to use your own components that have been promoted to classes.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

+1

This is probably one of the feature I miss the most in SA. Dragging a duplicated object around in a project consisting of several hundred view classes is nearly impossible.

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    +1

This is probably one of the feature I miss the most in SA. Dragging a duplicated object around in a project consisting of several hundred view classes is nearly impossible.
    Adding a right-click cut/copy/paste menu to all items in the Project Inspector would solve this problem, I reckon.