Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maintaining a remote package repository using Sencha Cmd

Ext JS Premium Member

There is no problem setting up remote repo according to whatever format is required. It's just the fact that Sencha CMD does not try to access it when I issue the sencha package list drakees command. My understanding is that it is supposed to make an HTTP request to the URL I specified for the repo and try to retrieve the catalog.json file or whatever. This never happens.

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by Greendrake View Post
    There is no problem setting up remote repo according to whatever format is required. It's just the fact that Sencha CMD does not try to access it when I issue the sencha package list drakees command. My understanding is that it is supposed to make an HTTP request to the URL I specified for the repo and try to retrieve the catalog.json file or whatever. This never happens.
    Well I'll have to experiment on my own to understand your problem. Are you setting it up like I was saying?

Ext JS Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by incutonez View Post
    Are you setting it up like I was saying?
    I certainly will once I see Sencha CMD making an HTTP request to the remote location I specified for my repo as cited in this post.
    Otherwise, what is the point in setting up remote repo layout if it is not even tried to be accessed?

Sencha User

@Greendrake, I'm not entirely sure what your problem is, but I just did a quick test to verify what I said was right, and I think it was. What I did was this... it's a little shady, mainly because I was doing all of this on the same machine because I don't have a proper CDN.
    1. Created a package
    2. Added package to local Sencha CMD repo
    3. Copied contents of pkgs dir in local Sencha CMD repo to local git repo
    4. Uploaded contents to remote git repo (on GitHub)
    5. Deleted local Sencha CMD repo (so it didn't download the package locally)
    6. Created an Ext JS app with Sencha CMD
    7. Added remote repository to Sencha CMD (this took a little while, as I wasn't sure how to use GitHub as a CDN)
    8. sencha repository list showed my package
    9. Required package in app.json
    10. sencha app refresh -packages (downloaded package)
    11. Required class in main.js and was able to see it in my app

It's good to note that after you have added a remote repository, you must do sencha repo sync if you want to grab the latest changes from your repository... so if there have been newer packages added, or updates to a certain package, you must absolutely run that command.

Ext JS Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by incutonez View Post
    Added remote repository to Sencha CMD (this took a little while, as I wasn't sure how to use GitHub as a CDN)
    Can you tell more details about that step please?

I'll try to repeat your steps, however, I do not quite understand why git is relevant. The doc page says nothing about git, which is why I thought that simple placing of the *.pkg file on a web server should work.

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by Greendrake
    Can you tell more details about that step please?
    Sure, all I did was sencha repo add repoName repoURL

Quote Originally Posted by Greendrake
    I'll try to repeat your steps, however, I do not quite understand why git is relevant. The doc page says nothing about git, which is why I thought that simple placing of the *.pkg file on a web server should work.
    I mentioned git only because it was relevant for repeating my steps. Like I said, I'm only using git as a CDN, like the docs hint at. As long as your hosted pkgs' structure looks like it does here, then you should be good to go... and make sure you have a catalog.json file that gets updated when your packages do... same for each package's package.json file.

Sencha Premium User

Default This is how I did it

I have also looked into the remote packages and I have written a step by step article about it.
    http://www.enovision.net/use-and-hos...mote-packages/

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by jvandemerwe View Post
    I have also looked into the remote packages and I have written a step by step article about it.
    http://www.enovision.net/use-and-hos...mote-packages/
    This looks similar to how I did it... the only caveat I have is, I had to add a MIME type for .pkg, as I was getting 404s. Now our TeamCity server builds the packages, wraps them in a nupkg, pushes them to build server, and we're able to access the packages from the build server's URL.

I leave here my personal notes on how to manage a packages repository. I have one hosted at bitbucket: https://bitbucket.org/alfonsonishika...s%20management

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12