Thread: Help!! - Sencha Cmd 5.1 error on updating Extjs framework relative/absolute path

Sencha Premium User

Default Help!! - Sencha Cmd 5.1 error on updating Extjs framework relative/absolute path

I am using Sencha Cmd 5.1 to build my Extjs 5.1.0 application, i really need your help on the following weird issue
    when i change the ext framework path under .sencha/workspace/sencha.cfg file to

ext.dir =../ext

or some absolute path like C:\Temp\Framework\ext then it throw the following error. looks like it is finding the ext framework but failed to import other files within that file.
    is this a ruby compile issue ? I will really appreciate your help

Looks like it happen when there is change in the css or the first time when it is try to compile the css to make a single scss file. so try it with unzipping a new ext library or make a change in the existing css.

Thanks!!

[exec] [INF] executing compass using system installed ruby runtime

[exec] error ReviewViolations-example.scss (Line 2 of ../../../../../../ext/packages/ext-theme-neutral/sass/var/grid/column/Widget.scss: File to import not found or unreadable: ../../form/field/Base.scss.

[exec] Load paths:
    [exec] D:/Build_Trunk/target/sencha/ReviewViolations/build/temp/production/ReviewViolations/slicer-temp
    [exec] D:/Sencha/Cmd/5.1.2.52/extensions/sencha-compass/gems/gems/compass-0.12.2/frameworks/blueprint/stylesheets
    [exec] D:/Sencha/Cmd/5.1.2.52/extensions/sencha-compass/gems/gems/compass-0.12.2/frameworks/compass/stylesheets
    [exec] Compass::SpriteImporter)
    [exec] create ReviewViolations-example.css
    [exec] [ERR]
    [exec] [ERR] BUILD FAILED
    [exec] [ERR] com.sencha.exceptions.ExProcess: compass process exited with non-zero code : 1
    [exec] [ERR] at c
    [exec] [ERR] om.sencha.command.environment.BuildEnvironment.execute(BuildEnvironment.java:252)

Sencha User

Do you get any better information if you run with the debug (-d) flag? Did this configuration work for you before you tried utilizing a different path to the Ext JS library?

Sencha Premium User

Thanks for Reply!!
    It is working if I keep the ext folder inside the application.
    I is working if i create a workspace and keep the app inside it.
    but i want to keep all my applications out of the workspace and unzip the ext framework at one place may be inside workspace (but this use case is not working).

Ext JS Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by hsingh11 View Post
    Thanks for Reply!!
    It is working if I keep the ext folder inside the application.
    I is working if i create a workspace and keep the app inside it.
    but i want to keep all my applications out of the workspace and unzip the ext framework at one place may be inside workspace (but this use case is not working).

Not sure maybe use of Cmd 6.0.0.92 (from Sencha Early Program) can help you.

Sencha User

Can I ask why you are wanting your apps to be outside of the workspace? Anything new with the debug flag?