Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EXT JS 6 performance

Sencha User

Default EXT JS 6 performance

Does ext js 6 faster than ext js 5.1?

Sencha User
    Answers

Personally, I'd wait until the GA release of 6.0.0 before comparing the two. That said, I'm interested to hear from the community about their early findings in this regard.

Sencha User

Default structure changes

ext js 6 has many changes in stucture of folders,I hope it has better performance and new features too

Sencha User

Any news? Any impressions?

I'm working with ExtJs 4.2. My project is large and it is very slow, I would like to try and upgrade to version 6, to understand if this could be the solution or if we'd better change js framework.

Sencha User
    Answers

I've only heard second-hand of some benchmarking, and I was pleasantly surprised to hear that Ext JS 6.x is running faster (more performant) than previous versions. Hopefully users find this to be the case in real-world applications as well.

Sencha User

unfortunately ext js has lower performance than other frameworks,I hope sencha team improve ext js performance

Ext JS Premium Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by th3nu11 View Post
    Any news? Any impressions?

I'm working with ExtJs 4.2. My project is large and it is very slow, I would like to try and upgrade to version 6, to understand if this could be the solution or if we'd better change js framework.
    From what I know, converting to ExtJS 4 to 5 is very challenging if you used the MVC. If you're not using MVC and not plan to use their MVVM then I see very little reason to upgrade. Sure you can upgrade to new View components but what do you really gain out of that? Maybe 'touch' events but I'm assuming your audience is a desktop users and not tablets. Obviously, I can be very wrong about this subject and please let me know if my response is completely oblivious. If Sencha replies and says you'll gain substancial performance by simply upgrading extjs then I'll be very impressed but I'm assuming that's not the case.

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

What sort of benchmarking have you done? Have you identified where the bottlenecks are? Are you following best practices? A lot of the time I see performance problems being caused by user code. So if you have some data that shows the framework is causing a bottleneck that would be interesting to investigate. Otherwise, saying "my app is slow" doesn't really say much.

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by evant View Post
    What sort of benchmarking have you done? Have you identified where the bottlenecks are? Are you following best practices? A lot of the time I see performance problems being caused by user code. So if you have some data that shows the framework is causing a bottleneck that would be interesting to investigate. Otherwise, saying "my app is slow" doesn't really say much.

Hi, we are aware that there are performance problems due to our own code, we have not done specific benchmarks but we are trying to optimize our code anyway.
    By the way, where can I find a good description of the best practices for ExtJS?

On the other hand, though, we'd like to know if the upgrade to ExtJS 6 can help us with the overload that is caused by the framework... are there any benchmarks that can help us understand this?

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

we have not done specific benchmarks but we are trying to optimize our code anyway.
    But in that case:
    a) How do you know where to optimize?
    b) How do you know if you got any faster?

Sometimes these kind of things can be unintuitive, if you're not measuring then it's really difficult to make any progress.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast