Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: free version of ExtJS 6 ?

Default ext 5 free version ?

dear sir ,
    i have two questions
    1. ext js 5 version , we have free version to use it.?
    2. can we get the responsive site in the free version ? what should i use to make the site responsive ?

your response is highly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Kumar

Sencha Premium User suzuki1100nz's Avatar
    Answers

Hi,

An Open Source (GPLv3) license for Sencha Ext JS can be found here
    http://www.sencha.com/legal/GPL/

Usual open source conditions apply - General restrictions as published by Sencha.

If you create software that uses GPL, you must license that software under GPL v3 (see GPL FAQ)

If you create software that uses GPL, you must release your source code (see GPL FAQ)

If you create software that uses GPL, you cannot release your work on Apples App Store.

As far as building a responsive site ExtJS has the tools to design and build a responsive site but obviously it doesn't do it for you.
    Most responsive design is handled in CSS and is easy enough to do, coming up with a single design that works across all devices is tricky.
    Have a look at this blog - http://www.sencha.com/blog/designing...s-with-ext-js/

ExtJS 6.0 maybe a better option with the merged frameworks and largely common core is order to deliver a responsive website to all devices (Including Smart phone)

Default when can we expect ext js 6 to be released as open source free version. now its beta?

how long does it Ext js 6 to be released as open source free version like ext js 5. now ext 6 is under beta version?

Answers

There is no official roadmap, but indications are the GA version will be released in July

Default Is GA vesion is similar to opensource ?

Thanks for your response. Is GA vesion is similar to opensource ?
    finally i have once more question, does ext js open source version suppots responsive websites? what tools i need to use? and sencha touch is as available are open sourse free version ? Really Am thankful for your response.

Answers

GA is General availability release i.e. the first fully supported release and yes it will include a commercial and open source version.

Like I said previously Sencha frameworks provide the features to help you build a responsive website.
    Have a look at that blog post.

If you want to achieve the single web app full responsive design nirvana that caters for all devices down to smart phones you will need to build it in Sencha Touch.
    This is because ExtJS will not be performant on a smart phone.
    Sencha touch has a less rich component set compared with ExtJS so may not be an option when delivering a RIA to desktop, that said Sencha have indicated they will enhance the Touch component set post the ExtJS 6.0 release.

See here for Universal app info with ExtJS 6.0 - https://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.0/whats_new/6.0.0/whats_new.html

- https://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.0/wh...ironments.html

Really comes down to the complexity of your web app and the design.
    We have a complex ERP so we used ExtJS to deliver a responsive app to desktop and tablet and used Touch for our smart phone app.
    This worked well as our smartphone UI and UX design was significantly different to our desktop / tablet design.

Sencha User

So there will be no extjs 6 equivalent to the current "free commercial license" of sencha touch? I have to choose if I pay for 5 developer commercial license or release my application under GPL

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

I have a premium license for ExtJS5. I can see ExtJS6 nightly build in support website. Can I use it or I have to buy seperate license for ExtJS6?

Sencha User
    Answers

I would direct specific licensing questions to our contact form:
    https://www.sencha.com/company/contact/

Sencha User

I think the problem is you people dont really understand GPL and Sencha is being VERY careful around the question because you are asking it wrong. You should really stop referring to GPL Licensed software as "Free", first a support contract may be needed for when you come across bugs that need to be addressed in a timely matter, and also you can not sell a commercial product that contains this framework as something necessary to run your product. Also, if you use the framework on your web app project that is NOT distributed commercially and someone asks you for your source code you HAVE TO release it to them (The javascript part anyhow...). Hopefully this helps you understand a bit better?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast