Thread: Problems rendering line chart with live data and dynamic sereis

Sencha User

Default Problems rendering line chart with live data and dynamic sereis

I think this should be reported as a rendering bug but I first want to post here.

I have a line chart (CartesianChart) with Line Series and data points coming through websockets.
    Each line series has its own store, the store gets updated through some logic when a message arrive through the websocket. Data Points arrive one per second.

Everything renders ok at the beginning, but after lets say 6 series are rendered, each with around 150 data points, the data points(their markers) are rendered at wrong positions. For Example, the marker for the data point (10,73) get rendered at (14,89). A few seconds later, the marker is then rendered correctly at its point. But during this time where the marker is rendered at the wrong position, if i "mouse-over" on its correct position (10,37) the marker gets highlighted although it is wrongly rendered on (14,39)
    So apparently, the event happens at the positions where the marker should be, but the marker is placed on the wrong place and gets highlights at its wrong place.

I considered if I have a data problem, but it is not, first because I dont change already arriving data, so what has already been drawn should stay at its place, I only add records to the store I dont modify existing records and the data arrive incrementally, (current time stamp being the y and position the x). The second reason to exclude data problems is the behaviour i described above hovering somewhere, where a marker should be rendered, highlights a marker somewhere far away.

My Application is quiet big I can't post it here. I want to have confirmation if someone has faced the problem too and if there are solution to it. Otherwise I will be moving to nvd3 for charting instead of sencha chart.

Sencha - Support Team
    Answers

Hi,

Do you think it would be possible to get the whole dataset that is causing trouble, import it to https://fiddle.sencha.com and provide us with a test case?

I tried creating a similar situation but couldn't do it. With the proper data, model and store we can try and find where the problem is and if it's the case, open a BUG for it.

Thanks,
    Guilherme Lopes
    Sencha Support

Sencha User

Hi,
    I am sorry, I currently made a jsfiddle and posted the bug here

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?299367

Sencha - Support Team
    Answers

Since you created another thread with the same issue, I'll close this thread so we can focus on the bug report.
    Guilherme Lopes
    Sencha Support