Thread: How read write file txt un Sencha Touch

Sencha User

Default How read write file txt un Sencha Touch

I want to save/load app settings locally.

I put my json url in resources/url.txt file. Now I want to read that url and put in store.

How can I do that? I also want to write/edit the text in it. Any clue where to start?

I did follow this indexedDB sample guide, https://github.com/yupitz/IndexedDB

I can write data in indexedDB, but no clue how to read it. Please advice.

Sencha - Engineering israelroldan's Avatar
    Answers

It would be easier/faster to use HTML5's localStorage API.
    Israel Roldán | Senior Software Engineer (Framework tools)

Sencha User

I did use localstorage previously. Unfortunately, some Android Devices did not work well with localstorage. Android 4.1 above had no issues. Tested on my device Android 4.03, localstorage not working at all. Then I use webSQL. Work well. Now instead of using webSQL, I want to implement a settings storing such as using config.ini in my apps.

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cygnosis View Post
    I did use localstorage previously. Unfortunately, some Android Devices did not work well with localstorage. Android 4.1 above had no issues. Tested on my device Android 4.03, localstorage not working at all. Then I use webSQL. Work well. Now instead of using webSQL, I want to implement a settings storing such as using config.ini in my apps.
    I could make you an example how to use it but would take some time... Just before I invest the time 1 question: Are you aware that indexdb is not stable at all except of Firefox? Why don't you write & read a real config.ini file instead of using db's? Also easier to update when you have new releases...
    Mark thread as answered if your problem could be solved and leave a vote for helpful answers

For more help check out my new blog: http://abitofcoding.blogspot.com

T
    o get in contact with me just send me a message on Google+

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by u25771 View Post
    I could make you an example how to use it but would take some time... Just before I invest the time 1 question: Are you aware that indexdb is not stable at all except of Firefox?
    Yes, I'm aware of that that problem. I did try playing around with indexdb and it much complicated compare to webSQL.

Quote Originally Posted by u25771 View Post
    Why don't you write & read a real config.ini file instead of using db's? Also easier to update when you have new releases...
    That is what I want to do. There is a way in cordova(not sure how yet) and then do not know how in Sencha. At the end I get more confuse how to begin.