Thread: How do I call a static function?

Sencha User

Default Answered: How do I call a static function?

I've created a static function from the toolbox and I've moved it to "Application" in the project inspector. I've set "fn", wrote the code and the static function does appear in the inspector.

However, I don't have the slightest clue how to send it from anywhere in the application.

I've tried:

Code:
    Ext.myFunction(); // nope
    Ext.app.myFunction(); // nope
    window.myFunction(); // nope

// and this in the onLaunch function:
    this.myFunction(); // nope again
    this.self.myFunction(); // nope, nope and nope
    I can't find anywhere how to call a static function.

Please help

2. Perhaps just my style, but I NEVER put a static function in the application, functions that I call often are either:In a controller (I always have one "system" controller with common functions)in the main (initial view) componentthen you can call them either by MyAppName.getController('System').myfunction()or Ext.ComponentQuery.query('#InitalComponent').getController().myfunction()Sorry, can't help you with calling it in the ApplicationBruce

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Perhaps just my style, but I NEVER put a static function in the application, functions that I call often are either:In a controller (I always have one "system" controller with common functions)in the main (initial view) componentthen you can call them either by MyAppName.getController('System').myfunction()or Ext.ComponentQuery.query('#InitalComponent').getController().myfunction()Sorry, can't help you with calling it in the ApplicationBruce