Thread: EXTJS3.4 : Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'parentNode' of undefined

Default EXTJS3.4 : Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'parentNode' of undefined

HI

If we are closing a tabPanel using closable: true, the default action will be destroying the tabPanel. And so, since the tabPanel is destroyed we wont be able to display the tabPanel again. But, I do not want the tabPanel to be destroyed, it has to be hidden so I tried this

Code:
    this.Manage = new Ext.TabPanel({
                 title: 'Manage',
                 closable: true,
                 closeAction: 'hide',
                 activeTab: 0,
                 items:[
                    this.manageGridPanel

]
        });
    What happens with this is, I am able to display the tabPanel but the child elements within that are not being displayed. And I am getting following exception in js console Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'parentNode' of undefined Also because of this, I am not able to navigate to other tabpanels from my treepanel, I am getting the following exception in js console Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'className' of undefined .

I also tried using the beforeclose event like this in the tabpanel
    Code:
    listeners: {
                              'beforeclose': function(panel) {
                                  console.log('TP - beforeclose');
                                    var closeAction = this.ownerCt.closeAction
                                    if (closeAction === 'hide') {
                                        panel.hide();
                                        var el = Ext.get(panel.tabEl);
                                        el._savedWidth = el.getWidth();
                                        el.setWidth(0);
                                        el.setVisible(false);
                                        return false;
                                    }
                                    return true;
                                }
                            }
    This is how I open the tab panel dynamically,

Code:
    if(n.text=='Manage')
    { 
    that.hometabPanel.add(manage.Manage).show(); 
    }
    Should I give tab.setVisible(true) ?or what changes should I make for this to work??

Sencha User

I'm not seeing this issue in my tests. Any chance you can post a test case showing your tabpanel so we can see what might be happening?

That is so much of code, there are 2 or 3 levels of tabpanels.. that is why I reduced it to the main content required and created the post.. But I can brief u on what has been done..
    • I have the main page( the application home page) for which I am using border layout to have a tree panel and tab panel mainly.
    • Based on the different nodes selected, I need to open different tabs in the tabpanel. And every tab that I add, will again be a tabpanel (that.Manage in this case) which contains a menu and a grid initially. Based on the item chosen in the menu, I add different tabs as child element of manage tabpanel.
    I am able to get the application display all the tabs successfully. But, the issue is that, when I close the manage tabpanel and try to re-open manage tabpanel by clicking on a treenode 2nd time. the manage tabpanel is being displayed since I have used hide. But, the child elements which is the grid and the menu are not being rendered and I get the exception that I have mentioned in the post telling Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'parentNode' of undefined
    Also,after trying to open manage tabpanel 2nd time, if I try to open any other tabs from the tree, I get an exception telling Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'className' of undefined.