Thread: Ajax Store not loading in XCode

Sencha User
    Answers

Default Ajax Store not loading in XCode

I have a store with a proxy type as 'ajax'. I'm loading the data from a data.json file. On Windows, everything works in Chrome as well as on Android emulator.

On Mac, this works perfectly if I run it in Safari when I run the sencha server via 'sencha web start'.

However, when I run this in XCode, the json file is not read. After a couple of days of tearing my hair out, it looks like the XCode build is in a temporary folder and the proxy url is not getting resolved to the correct file. At least that is my assumption.

I ran the app in XCode and then tried to debug using Safari Developer (remote debug). In the console if I type Ext.getStore('storename').load(), the load success listener gives the third argument as 'false', which indicates that the store did not load (as per docs).

My proxy url is a relative url to the app root so something like this - 'data/datafile.json'.

If I set the url with a slash in the beginning like so '/data/datafile.json', I get an 'invalid resource' error in the Safari Developer console.

Any suggestions as to how I can resolve this will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers

This is likely because you are loading off the filesystem which will always return a http status code as zero which is treated as a load failure. Ext.Ajax is setup to work on a web server not the filesystem.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Posts are my own, not any current, past or future employer's.