Thread: Linking Radiogroup with Grid by Databinding

Sencha User

Default Linking Radiogroup with Grid by Databinding

Hi All,
    I'am developing an application, where my requirement is to show a grid with different data.
    where one column is the authorsied column whose value is either Yes or no.

Prior to Grid there should be radiogroup with authorised(inputValue Yes). unauthorised(inputValue No) and all .

Clicking on the radio group the data in the grid should be filtered.

For that i have created my grid with the corresponding store, but my doubt is how can i link the radiogroup with the grid Filter.

Any Hint on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Sencha User
    Answers

I don't believe data binding will come into play here with filtering the grid store, but perhaps we can get you moving in the right direction.

Can you post your code in a test case to show how your code looks thus far? For convenience you can post a test case at https://fiddle.sencha.com

Sencha User

@Slemmon Thanks for your reply.

I got my code working. The sample test case is in the following link
    https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/cul

But I'm not able to understand where is the linking between the radiogroup and Grid store. On radio group change, how the filter is getting applied to the grid.

Any explanation on my query is highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
    Rockz

Sencha User
    Answers

Hi,

You can listen to the change event directly which we would recommend handling through a viewController or you can do what you did here which is to handle any changes in the bound data and perform some ad hoc logic on another component (or store).

Either way you're effectively listening to any change coming from the radiofields and taking some action on the store at that time.

Sencha User

Hi Slemmon,,

Although the code is working fine for me but am not able to understand where is the linking code for radio group and grid. How the grid filter is notifying about the radio change in the code.

Thanks
    Rockz