Thread: Theme preview colours don't show properly

Sencha Premium User

Default Theme preview colours don't show properly

I noticed that the colours for the theme buttons in Sencha Architect 3.1 don't show up properly, and after a build, they're similarly wrong, too.

SA31_theme_buttons_bad.PNG

Result:
    SA31_theme_buttons_bad_demo.PNG

Pink is not my preferred colour, it's just the last one I had chosen when I changed it to something wildly different to run this test.

Sencha User

Could you check what your button-default-background-color property is set to in this example?

Sencha Premium User

It is set to: $button-default-base-color

Sencha User

I'm having some trouble replicating this. A few questions to try and narrow down the problem:

- What OS, Architect, framework and CMD versions are you using?
    - Is your project in a workspace or standalone?
    - Is this the only project that is affected, or can you reproduce this for any project?
    - Do you have any additional SCSS, CSS or JS that might be interfering with the style of the button?

Sencha Premium User

Here are my version details:

Sencha Architect

version: 3.0.4.1386

channel: 3.0.1-stable

platform: 1.3.0.803

cmd: 4.0.4.84

framework: Ext JS 4.2.x

I've stripped my web application template to the bare essentials and attached a copy of it, minus the "ext" directory, in which I have a copy of 4.2.3 commercial, Build date: 2014-09-02 11:12:40 (ef1fa70924f51a26dacbe29644ca3f31501a5fce). The app.html is what I use during local development and the index.html is what gets used by the build, of course. Here's what the button looks like in app.html:
    Theme problem (app.html).PNG

And here's what the button looks like after going through the build process (/wat4test refers to the build\production\App directory):

Theme problem (index.html).PNG
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sencha Premium User

I'm also using Windows 8.1. I don't think I've ever used a workspace so I'd guess my project is standalone (you should be able to figure it out from the attached ZIP file).

Sencha User

I'm still unable to replicate this with the versions that you have given me - the button color is correct in Architect, in dev build and in production build.

Could you create a brand new project with nothing in it but a button, and save it at some completely different location than your current project and see if you can replicate this behavior?

Sencha Premium User

In a brand-new project the problem does not exist, but I can't start afresh every time because there is so much I've built into my template that it'll take days to recreate it. There is something in my project that is causing this to occur, or perhaps it's my environment, but whatever it is, it's not something I enabled/configured myself. I have no idea but that project which I attached reproduces the bad buttons on my computer every time.

If I were to recreate it, I'd do it with Ext JS 5, but it and SA 3.1 have too many problems for me at the moment. But what's worse is that SA will not import a form panel exported from an Ext JS 4 project into an Ext JS 5 project, meaning that every last thing about my template would have to be recreated from scratch :-(

Sencha User

Have you manually edited or moved around any of the files in your project or ext folder?

Sencha Premium User

The only things I've ever moved have been things to/from the resources folder (like my own style sheets, images, and javascript files).