Thread: Grid column references incorrectly get attached to parent view

Wait! Looks like we don't have enough information to add this to bug database. Please follow this template bug format.
    Sencha Premium Member

Default Grid column references incorrectly get attached to parent view

If you have a view that gets dynamically created and attached to a tab panel within a viewport the grid column references within the new view get attached to the viewport in addition to the view itself. I believe this is a bug. It may also happen under other circumstances but that is my use case. The references then do not get removed from the viewport when the original view gets destroyed leading to duplicate reference warnings when it is later recreated (or if multiple copies exist at once). I have not experienced this issue with any other components, just grid columns.

Sencha User

Thanks for the report. Can you please post a test case which reproduces the issue?
    https://fiddle.sencha.com/#home

Sencha Premium Member

I have the same problem when navigating back to a section of my app with a grid and references on columns:

Code:
    [W] Duplicate reference: "agencyColumn" on app-main-1010
    I have not been able to reproduce it in a Fiddle yet. I'll try again when I have more time.

Sencha Premium Member

Default Gridcolumn reference of some view is created on the main view of the application

I am still facing this issue in ExtJs5.1. I noticed that one view of mine that creates a lot of references including some on gridcolumns, warns me about duplicate references on my main view (strange, because references are created on a view with its own controller), and the warnings are only about gridcolumn references (typical), so the other references were successfully destroyed with the view.

When can we expect this to be fixed?

Sencha User

This hasn't been filed as a bug yet. Can you please post a test case which reproduces the issue?
    https://fiddle.sencha.com/#home

Sencha Premium Member

Ticket 23360 was created 02 June 2015