Thread: Adding multiple elements to the accordion layout

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Default Adding multiple elements to the accordion layout

Hi there,
    I am implementing the gxt (3.0.7) accordion layout at the moment.
    For that, I have checked out the example on the gxt site (http://www.sencha.com/examples/#Exam...ccordionlayout).

I wanted to add more than one element to the content panel that is child of the AccordionLayoutContainer. This doesn't work, because the container can only have one single element. The add method removes this element before adding the new one. That means, the add method does not actually add, but replace the existing element.
    If I want to have more than one element, I have to put another FlowLayoutContainer into the ContentPanel that is placed in the AccordionLayoutContainer.

Is there a possibility to add multiple elements directly to the content panel?

Thanks for your help!
    Holger

Sencha User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Holger Herrmann View Post
    Is there a possibility to add multiple elements directly to the content panel?
    No, it isn't. ContentPanel extends SimpleContainer. And SimpleContainer implements HasOneWidget. For these Classes add(child) is equal to setWidget(child).

But you can do this: add a widget to the Contentpanel, which can carry multiple children like FlowLayoutContainer, VerticalLayoutContainer or HBoxLayoutContainer.

Example:
    Code:
    accordion
        \-- cp1
              \-- flc
                    \-- child1
                    \-- child2
                    \-- child3
        \-- cp2
              \-- label
        \-- cp3
              \-- other

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Hi Andreas,

thank you for your answer.
    Yes, adding a FlowLayoutContainer is exactly what I do:
    If I want to have more than one element, I have to put another FlowLayoutContainer into the ContentPanel that is placed in the AccordionLayoutContainer.
    I wondered why it's implemented this way as I suppose adding more than one widget should be the usual case.