Thread: Should not have premium forums but instead priority answer to premium members

Default Should not have premium forums but instead priority answer to premium members

- Recently we see more answers to questions in forum not premium.
    - If I have a important question about Sencha Cmd, I have no premium forum for it.
    - If I post a question in a premium forum, community members that are not premium cannot answer/help me.

Microsoft does this right, instead of having premium forums, they have premium members and they answer to questions from them first.

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar

The forums have no SLA from us and are community forums. If you want a guaranteed reply from Sencha, please open a support ticket.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Posts are my own, not any current, past or future employer's.

Sencha Premium Member

I'm fairly certain he means the "Sencha Premium Community Forums". As a Support Subscriber if I post in there then I may have less chance of it being viewed and answered because there is a much smaller user base (I assume). In addition the answers that are provided there are not available to the general public so duplicate question/answers are almost certain.

So instead of the Premium forums he's just saying that those of us that are paying customers get flagged or something to potentially be answered quicker by those of you Sencha employees that frequent the boards. Of course if something is urgent then a support ticket is the way to go as you mentioned.

At least make the Premium forums visible to all even if non-paying customers cannot create a post in there. I don't think I've ever seen sensitive information in there that shouldn't be posted publicly so it seems like it would benefit everyone.

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar

The forums should be private to premium users, if we reply on a thread in the premium forums, it may have more detailed information and time behind it than what is provided on a public forum. It's a benefit from purchasing a support subscription, if you do not purchase a subscription, then you should not be privy to this.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Posts are my own, not any current, past or future employer's.