Thread: Separate SASS compilation, is it possible?

Ext JS Premium Member

Default Separate SASS compilation, is it possible?

SenchaCMD has option enable.split.mode for Javascript, which separates Framework from application code.
    Is it possible to use the same for SASS? Some parameter to get file theme that we're extending and one more file for our theme?

Sencha - Support Team

You could alway use compass directly, 'compass compile', if all you wanted to do was compile your sass. Will have to do a 'sencha app refresh' as well to see the changes in your app.
    Get more personalized support via a support subscription.

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services [email protected]

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Need to include a test case use:
    The official Sencha Fiddle

Sencha User

I'm having a problem (see this thread: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...ion-of-Compass) in which I can't use newer SASS\Compass features due to the old versions of these that are bundled with Sencha Cmd.

However, using the method outlined in this post, of doing a separate "Compass compile", followed by a "sencha app refresh", I can use my newer SCSS files. However, my "sencha app build" still fails, since it's still using the old versions.

So is there a way that I can use Sencha Cmd to only compile and minify the JavaScript parts of the the project, but use the external, newer, version of Compass to compile the CSS? i.e. tell the build not to do the Compass part?

Sencha - Support Team

Yes you can disable the compass part of the build by setting skip.sass true in .sencha/app/production.properties for production builds.
    Get more personalized support via a support subscription.

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services [email protected]

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Need to include a test case use:
    The official Sencha Fiddle