Thread: Upgrade from ExtJs 4.2 to 5 in Architect 3.1

Sencha Premium Member

Default Upgrade from ExtJs 4.2 to 5 in Architect 3.1

My architect project is using ExtJS 4.2. I just upgraded to Architect version 3.1 which supports ExtJS 5. I'd like to upgrade the framework to v5 but I don't know where to put this code find the upgrade guide in the project. Should I put it in app.json manually? Will it be overwrite when I save the architect project?

Ext.manifest = { // the same content as "app.json"
    compatibility: {
    ext: '4.2'
    }
    }

Sencha User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by T.Wen View Post
    My architect project is using ExtJS 4.2. I just upgraded to Architect version 3.1 which supports ExtJS 5. I'd like to upgrade the framework to v5 but I don't know where to put this code find the upgrade guide in the project. Should I put it in app.json manually? Will it be overwrite when I save the architect project?

}
    }
    Whatever is added to the app.json manually will not be overwritten.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jminnick View Post
    Whatever is added to the app.json manually will not be overwritten.
    Sorry, but it's not exactly true. When I add something to the classpath string ("classpath": "${app.dir}/app,${app.dir}/app/override/data/"), it disappears once I save the project.

I know, that the better way is to use "app loader config" in SA and in the current build it works as expected, but in earlier builds of SA3.1 for some reason when I filled "app loader config", my app didn't work at all, so I unsuccessfuly tried to change the app.json.
    Maybe it isn't a bad idea to stop changing app.json directly and "protect" it, because 90% of problem with convert my apps was related with "crashing" of app.json despite the fact that I almost never changed it manually.

Sencha Premium Member

Well, I haven't got an answer to my question, but for your loader related issue, you might want to try check the x-compile option for the resource files your loader is configured to load. I had the loader issue when I tried to load some .js files I declared in the resource in Architect. Once I checked the x-compile option, it worked.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

}
    }
    Did you try to convert the app from the context menu that is showing when you click right mouse button on the Project Inspector->Resourses->Library?

Sencha Premium Member

I know the button is there but hesitate to click it because I don't know what it does behind the scene. Just browsing the forum, I saw many people got a broken project after upgrade to v5. My project is going to release to production in a week or so. I don't want to try it now unless I know exactly what the upgrade button does to the project.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

I know the button is there but hesitate to click it because I don't know what it does behind the scene. Just browsing the forum, I saw many people got a broken project after upgrade to v5. My project is going to release to production in a week or so. I don't want to try it now unless I know exactly what the upgrade button does to the project.
    There are a lot of changes and the process is irreversible as I know. I spent a lot of time to have my apps converted, but I always was able to restore projects from backups (copying whole project's folder was enough).

Sencha Premium Member

I have the whole thing in svn so I will try it at a later time. Thanks.
    For people who tried it already, does it enable the compatibility mode automatically and produce debugging message when compiled? (like the example in the upgrade guide)

Sencha User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tiulkin View Post
    Sorry, but it's not exactly true. When I add something to the classpath string ("classpath": "${app.dir}/app,${app.dir}/app/override/data/"), it disappears once I save the project.

I know, that the better way is to use "app loader config" in SA and in the current build it works as expected, but in earlier builds of SA3.1 for some reason when I filled "app loader config", my app didn't work at all, so I unsuccessfuly tried to change the app.json.
    Maybe it isn't a bad idea to stop changing app.json directly and "protect" it, because 90% of problem with convert my apps was related with "crashing" of app.json despite the fact that I almost never changed it manually.
    He was asking about adding something that was not already present in the app.json. Not changing a value that could potentially be changed back to a default value.