Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: purchase license without maintenance and support

Sencha User

Default purchase license without maintenance and support

is it possible to purchase license without maintenance and support?

Sencha - Sales Team daniel.gallo's Avatar

Our frameworks and bundles are sold with the first year of support and maintenance as standard. There isn't an option to buy without.

This does mean you will have access to all of the support and maintenance benefits, e.g. support-only bug fix releases, major version updates, access to our online ticketing system. More details on support and maintenance can be found here: https://www.sencha.com/support.

Sencha Touch, for building mobile apps, is available as a free commercial license with support and maintenance an add-on.
    Daniel Gallo

Sencha User

this doesn't make sense . it's logical if i purchase one with maintenance and support for development but for my customer which using the app i created with extjs framework, to them paying sencha for maintenance and support in which most likely useless to them. will sencha take responsible if an update cause the app i created for them not working ? i don't think soo. then what the purpose for them to pay maintenance and support?

I really think sencha should take into consideration between development license and deployment license

Sencha - Sales Team daniel.gallo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kobolds View Post
    I really think sencha should take into consideration between development license and deployment license
    Ext JS is licensed to named developers, and this allows you, as a developer, to deploy an unlimited number of applications to any of your customers for them to use, subject to the terms of our commercial license agreement. This is detailed here: http://www.sencha.com/legal/license-overview

This means you don't need to have a deployment license for Ext JS.

Your customer would only need to be licensed if you are transferring ownership of the code to them, so usually in that scenario your customer would buy the required number of developer licenses on your behalf and you would use those licenses (and support) to develop their app.

With support and maintenance, it's important to note you would get access to bug fix releases. So, as an example, if a new browser is released and that introduced compatibility problems, we would usually roll any fixes in to a bug fix release, that you could then apply to your customer's app.
    Daniel Gallo

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by daniel.gallo View Post
    Ext JS is licensed to named developers, and this allows you, as a developer, to deploy an unlimited number of applications to any of your customers for them to use, subject to the terms of our commercial license agreement. This is detailed here: http://www.sencha.com/legal/license-overview

This means you don't need to have a deployment license for Ext JS.

Your customer would only need to be licensed if you are transferring ownership of the code to them, so usually in that scenario your customer would buy the required number of developer licenses on your behalf and you would use those licenses (and support) to develop their app.

With support and maintenance, it's important to note you would get access to bug fix releases. So, as an example, if a new browser is released and that introduced compatibility problems, we would usually roll any fixes in to a bug fix release, that you could then apply to your customer's app.
    Hi Daniel,

I suggest you delete your post before your manager see it . your suggestion not only ridicules , it's illegal .

I hope I will get better reply from another sales person

Orgoth

One year ago, there was an option to buy Ext JS 4 without support.We have already such a licence for Ext JS 4 und didn't need support all the time.If there is no way to buy Ext JS 5 without the Support package, we will not do the upgrade.http://web.archive.org/web/201406200...m/store/extjs/

totally agree with Orgoth!

Sencha User

And now we can only buy a minumum of 5 licences.

And if we are freelance, we need to buy one bundle for us (just need one licence) and one bundle for the client (client don't maintain application and need 0 licence) 4380$ x 2 => 8680$.
    This is just insane price for small project, and one year after we see always a new major version with new price, always higher than previous price!
    And what about GPL version ? Always hidden on the website, no easy to find (Store is easy to find !)

Message to: art.landro
    https://www.google.fr/trends/explore...pt=q&tz=Etc%2F

Don't worry your community is leaving you (Gpl community too), just stay with your big companies client.

Sencha Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by STEF-IT View Post
    And now we can only buy a minumum of 5 licences.

And if we are freelance, we need to buy one bundle for us (just need one licence) and one bundle for the client (client don't maintain application and need 0 licence) 4380$ x 2 => 8680$.
    Your client doesn't need to buy a license unless you transfer full ownership of the software to them.

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by Farshad View Post
    Your client doesn't need to buy a license unless you transfer full ownership of the software to them.
    A Client always need fullownership of the software he cannot and must not be dependent of a freelancer.
    If this is not the case, the client is renamed in a 'Cash cow' by the freelancer developper. (Like Ext JS developper)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast