Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can not generate new app any more

Touch Premium Member

Been back to this problem again for the past hour. I can not get sencha generate app to do anything but give me the error:"is alreay a configured application named : "...Any way to debug this? I've replaced my extjs 5 directory and still get the error.Obviously I've never had a handle on this problem.

Touch Premium Member

current resolution was the .sencha directory one up for the current one I was creating the project in needed to be deleted.

Sencha Premium Member

I was able to duplicate on both Windows & Mac. If I run "sencha app generate" (Sencha Cmd 5.0.2.270) from the SDK (touch-2.4.0) folder, it will work only if it is the FIRST TIME an app has been generated from that folder since it was unzipped. Apparently the generation process overwrites the original files in the SDK folder and the next time you run it throws an error. The work around was to always unzip the SDK first, then run sencha app generate. That said; it's a bug.

I had this on a windows machine, however it was when I had managed to nest two ExtJS applications in the directory structure and CMDv5 was going for the first .sencha folder it found.

Once un-nested everything working again.

Hi, I have the same problem. But even if I run the code inside the sdk folder it is not working. Is there a cmd command to remove the created app? And if the question seems silly fyi I am totally new to sencha development

Thats one thing I didnt understand, but now, I think I do... correct me if Im wrongI think the generate command is not part of the sdk tools, but of the Sencha Touch 2 release.I cd to my sdk folder, no sencha app generate commandThen I cd to my Touch2 folder, and it generates an app like a charmId like someone who does know what hes talking about to confirm this, please, thanks

Thank you so much it works. But is there a cmd command to remove the generated app?

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by Theodar Amaladass View Post
    Thank you so much it works. But is there a cmd command to remove the generated app?
    Is any command?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12