Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Firebug 2.0 breaks ExtJS

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Exclamation Firebug 2.0 breaks ExtJS

HEy, I have multiple different Ext applications. After updating today to the newest version of Firebug 2.0 none work anymore. (Starting from 3.1 which is the oldest I am using). But 4.x and 5.x also don't work. If I disable Firebug everything is fine, but I wanted to let people know.

Sencha User
    Answers

I'm guessing this is an issue that Firebug needs to resolve. I installed 2.0 and Firebug won't even open (using any page) so I can test. Inspecting element, clicking button, F12, nothing starts it up.

What OS are you running?

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Works fine for me.
    I am running Firefox 30, Firebug 2.0 and Illuminations 1.1.28.
    Win 7 Ultimate

Sencha Premium Member

Default FireBug 2.0, FireFox 30, OS X 10.8.5 - bad combination

I also have this issue. Using ExtJS 4.2 - but from what others have said it appears to be unrelated to ExtJS

I am using OS X 10.8.5

Answers

Firefox 30.0 and Firebug 1.12.8 breaks as well. I think it's more the Firefox 30.0, but I could be wrong.

ExtJS 4.2.0

Answers

I don't think that's entirely correct. I just ran a small test case I'm working on (5.0.x) in FF 30 with FireBug 1.12.8 and there's no crash, I can log to the console and all the same stuff happens like it does in Chrome.

There certainly could be some issue, but I don't think it's "everything is busted".
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Former Sencha framework engineer, available for consulting.
    As of 2017-09-22 I am not employed by Sencha, all subsequent posts are my own and do not represent Sencha in any way.

Sencha User

The issue appears to be due to a known bug with FF30, something to do with lazy eval optimisation. The issue only occurs if you're trying to load the page while the Dev Console or Firebug are open. Among the better known frameworks, ExtJS and Google Maps API are affected, and I read somewhere jQuery might be as well. For me upgrading to 31 alpha has resolved the issue. Alternatively, you could just not have either debugger open while loading the page, and open it after it finishes loading, which is cumbersome, but works.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

I just submitted this ticket before I read this thread. So said I'd post it here anyway.
    Good to here it is definitely a FireFox issue and that there are work arounds available.

Hi All,

There seems to be an issue with the recently released FF30.
    By the looks of it, essentially when you have the developer tools open it doesn't run eval (as it used to at least). This makes the software unusable as for every mouse event it is trying to add to a dom node and it can't.

Having looked at ext-all-debug the issue seems to kick off when this line is executed;
    simpleCache[ss] = DQ.compile(ss, "simple"); ---on line 17214

DQ.compile is building an array and then using eval to return a value for f;
    eval(fn.join(""));
    return f; ---on line 17090

typeof f is a function but the code within doesn't seem to have been executed which results in an error on every mouse event;
    ReferenceError: batch is not defined

Batch is declared eval another eval;
    // this eval is stop the compressor from
    // renaming the variable to something shorter
    eval("var batch = 30803, child, next, prev, byClassName;"); ---on line 16600

If you declare batch outside of eval the error is removed and replaced by a reference error for byClassName.

This is as far as I investigated before it became apparent that it was only happening with the dev tools open and wasn't as big an issue as first thought.

I know this is more of a FireFox issue so I will highlight it to them too, I'm sure they will have something to say about using eval at all.

Thanks,
    Rory.

Sencha User

Having the same issue where Firefox 30 + Firebug 2.0 breaks my ExtJS 4.1 application in a whole lot of places. That said, I noticed it broke other sites as well. I reverted back to Firebug 1.12.8 for now and can't wait for a fix on Mozilla's side since the Firebug 2.0 changes look quite good!

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Just an update for anyone still experiencing the issue Firefox 31 fixes the issue. This was released to stable today.
    Updating your Firefox should resolve the problems.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast