Thread: Update project from Architect 2 to Architect 3

Sencha Premium Member

Default Update project from Architect 2 to Architect 3

So I was working on a project on SA 2 before my computer had to be reformatted, afterwards I decided to switch over to SA 3 and my project got 'updated' to work on SA 3. While everything still works fine, when I preview my project it now takes several seconds for my initial view to show up, whereas in SA 2 it loaded up instantly, also the folder with the project is now 98 MB, which is ridiculous, I'm not sure what exactly happened when the project got updated so I was wondering if someone can help me figure out what's going on and how to get it to load faster as before. This is what the project folder looks like now:

cap1.PNG

97 of the 98 MB are in the ext folder, I'm guessing I don't need everything in there right? how do I determine what I need and what I don't? Please help, thank you.

Sencha Premium Member

could someone please help me out with this?

Sencha Premium Member

It happens to me too. in Architect 3, the Ext folder is copied to the deployment folder on the server. However, you don't need to save this folder in version control. Also, once you use the build function to build the application, it only include the things you used in your project and the file size is small.

Sencha User
    Answers

In Sencha Architect 3 we localize the framework instead of including it via the cdn. This allows you to use build tools to build for testing or production. The ext/ or touch/ folder is safe to ignore for src control.

If you do ignore it and a team member pulls down your source they will have issue missing the framework directory. To put it into place have them go to Settings > Framework: Then disable build tools and save the settings. Then go back to Settings > Framework: enable build tools and save the settings.

This will re-enable build tools and place the framework folder in your project.