Thread: Columns misaligned on row editing grid when resizing

Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTGWT-3807 in internal.
    Sencha Premium Member

Default Columns misaligned on row editing grid when resizing

I have a row editing grid and am seeing an issue where if a row is selected for editing, and then any of the columns are resized while the editor is still active, the headers become misaligned with the column data. This happens only when forceFit is set to true on the grid. I am using gxt 3.0.6. Is this a known issue, and is it fixed in a future version?

Sencha Sr Product Manager

I haven't seen any reports of misalignment come in. From the description it sounds like there might be a chance its a layout issue.

1. Try setting a specific size to the grid like grid.setPixelSize(500, 500) and see if that changes anything?

If it does, the parent container may not be providing a size to the grid or a size needs to be set.

Thanks,
    Brandon
    GXT Support

~ New GXT Guides ~
    http://docs.sencha.com/gxt/3.1/

~ Tips and Announcements Community ~
    https://plus.google.com/communities/...85143928405373

Sencha Premium Member

I tried setting a specific size as you suggested, but still experienced the misalignment.

This appears to be a bug, as I checked out and built 3.0.6 and changed the Grid in AbstractGridEditingExample.java to forceFit=true, and saw the same issue.

EditableGrid_misalignment.jpg

Sencha Premium Member

Can I please have an update on the status of this issue? Is a fix in progress?

It looks like this is fixed in 3.0.7 and 3.1.1. I did some testing and don't see this occurring. Would you like to try 3.0.7 or 3.1.1 and see if this is happening in your case?

Sencha Premium Member

I just built 3.1.1 and still see the same issue. Just as before, this is very easily reproducible by adding grid.getView().setForceFit(true) to AbstractGridEditingExample.java.

MisalignedColumns.jpg

Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

I had missed a step and can reproduce it. I suppose adding a handler to column width changes might be possible and cause a complete editing.