Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CMD5 app build broken with new and existing apps

Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for SDKTOOLS-805 in a recent build.
    Sencha Premium User

Default CMD5 app build broken with new and existing apps

Code:
    sencha -sdk ~/ExtJS/extjs-5.0.0.736/ generate app -path ~/Ext5_App -name db
    cd ~/Ext5_App
    sencha app build
    This all works fine. Then do "sencha app build" again, and I get:

Code:
    [INF] executing compass using system installed ruby runtime
    unchanged db-all.scss
    [ERR] Failed to parse CSS 3.0 style sheet: Encountered " "+" "+ "" at line 1, column 10012.
    Was expecting one of:
        <S> ...
        ")" ...
        <S> ...

[ERR]
    [ERR] BUILD FAILED
    [ERR] com.sencha.exceptions.ExParse: could not parse css input content
    [ERR]     at com.sencha.command
    [ERR] .Sencha.dispatch(Sencha.java:71)
    [ERR]
    [ERR] Total time: 10 seconds
    [ERR] The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /Users/bhutten/Ext5_App/.sencha/app/build-impl.xml:274: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /Users/bhutten/Ext5_App/.sencha/app/sass-impl.xml:139: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /Users/bhutten/Ext5_App/.sencha/app/sass-impl.xml:156: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /Users/bhutten/Ext5_App/.sencha/app/sass-impl.xml:98: com.sencha.exceptions.ExParse: could not parse css input content
    This is also happening for me with an existing Ext4.2.x project that was working fine, and that I upgraded using CMD5.

Using the Ext5/CMD5 betas, OS X 10.9.2.

- bill

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar

What version of ruby do you have installed? I'm able to generate and build an app on 10.9.2 just fine.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Posts are my own, not any current, past or future employer's.

Sencha Premium User

Code:
    $ ruby --version
    ruby 2.0.0p247 (2013-06-27 revision 41674) [universal.x86_64-darwin13]
    Note that the first time "sencha app build" is run it works fine. It only fails on the 2nd time, and thereafter.

- bill

Sencha Premium User

I just used homebrew to upgrade ruby:

Code:
    $ ruby --version
    ruby 2.1.1p76 (2014-02-24 revision 45161) [x86_64-darwin13.0]
    And I still get the same problem. First time running "sencha app build" is fine, (except the the various warnings that other people have reported). 2nd and later - no go.

The current Cmd 5 beta reports itself as incompatible with everything other than Ext JS 5, so it should delegate the calls onto an older version of Cmd.

I believe I know the root of the failure there for v5. If so, then this should work:

Code:
    sencha app build --clean
    I think what is going on is an optimization for "app watch" has caused us to not rebuild the Sass file, skip the call to Compass but yet try to split / compress the CSS file. Those phases do *not* like already compressed CSS. :p
    Don Griffin

"Use the source, Luke!"

Well, give or take the "skip the call to Compass" part
    Don Griffin

"Use the source, Luke!"

Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

After re-reading let me restate for clarity:

Sencha Cmd 5 Beta does not support Ext JS 4.x or Sencha Touch.

This will be fixed in later betas.
    Don Griffin

"Use the source, Luke!"

Sencha Premium User

Well, using the "--clean" option to "sencha app build" has fixed the problem - the build now completes. CMD5 is picky, though. I had to manually create the "loading" and "icons" subfolders in "resources", or I got these errors:

Code:
    /Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/.sencha/app/build-impl.xml:423: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/.sencha/app/packager-impl.xml:112: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/.sencha/app/packager-impl.xml:114: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/.sencha/app/packager-impl.xml:83: /Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/resources/icons does not exist.
    Code:
    /Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/.sencha/app/build-impl.xml:423: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/.sencha/app/packager-impl.xml:112: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/.sencha/app/packager-impl.xml:114: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/.sencha/app/packager-impl.xml:83: /Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/resources/loading does not exist.
    Also if the "sass/example" does not exist, with the default "theme.html" file, the build will fail:

Code:
    [INF] Capturing theme image
    [ERR] loading page /Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/sass/example/theme.html
    failed to render widgets within 30 sec.

[ERR]
    [ERR] BUILD FAILED
    [ERR] com.sencha.exceptions.ExProcess: phantomjs process exited with code 1
    [ERR]     at com.sencha.command.app.AppCommands$BuildC
    [ERR] ommand.execute(AppCommands.java:127)
    [ERR]
    [ERR] Total time: 56 seconds
    /Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/.sencha/app/build-impl.xml:322: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/.sencha/app/slice-impl.xml:228: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/.sencha/app/slice-impl.xml:229: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/.sencha/app/slice-impl.xml:100: com.sencha.exceptions.ExProcess: phantomjs process exited with code 1
    Should I report these issues as seperate bugs?

- bill

I suspect the icons are due to references in app.json - can you check that and/or post it here? If you want to disable theme slicing, set "skip.slice=1" in your ".sencha/app/sencha.cfg" file. Then you can remove the sass/example (slicer page).
    Don Griffin

"Use the source, Luke!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast