Thread: SA and Extjs5 ?

Sencha User
    Answers

Default SA and Extjs5 ?

Is there some roadmap to synchronize SA3 with Extjs5 ?

Regards
    Frank

There is, yes!

I cannot give any specific dates at this time, but I'm able to tell you that yes, we are working on Ext5 support in Architect.
    Steve Sobel
    @honestbleeps
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Answers

The next minor release of Architect, Architect 3.1 will have support for Ext 5. We are aiming to line this up with the official GA release of Ext 5.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

I've just started a trial with Architect version 3, but I'm now a bit confused.
    I need to choose between the touch framework or the ext js framework.
    But from what I understand, EXT js 5 will incorporate the touch framework, is that correct?
    So I will not have to choose anymore between those two frameworks when working in Architect?

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sebastienbo View Post
    But from what I understand, EXT js 5 will incorporate the touch framework, is that correct?
    So I will not have to choose anymore between those two frameworks when working in Architect?
    They added tablet support to ExtJS, they didn't combine the two frameworks.

See http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/5.0.0/w...whats_new.html

Touch and ExtJS will continue to coexist, but a lot of their core components are being brought into parity with each other.

I can't personally speak to the long term plans of the frameworks as I'm an engineer on the Architect team and there are others better positioned to go into more detail there, but I can tell you for sure that in the short term, ExtJS5 in Architect will still be a separate option from Touch.
    Steve Sobel
    @honestbleeps

Thanks for both your inputs

So how do I have to choose between the two of them, if both support Tablets and I want to create something for tablets.

Is there an article explaining the difference so that I'd better understand which of those two I have to take?
    Do they have advantages/disadvantages between them?

I forgot to tell: I don't need support for browsers older then IE9...my application must be able to run from Android Tablets with Chrome on it.But it might also need to run from Desktop Browsers.Which framework should I shoose Ext JS 5 or Sencha Touch?

I forgot to tell: I don't need support for browsers older then IE9...my application must be able to run from Android Tablets with Chrome on it.But it might also need to run from Desktop Browsers.Which framework should I shoose Ext JS 5 or Sencha Touch?
    Well, Touch has Android/iOS-like themes, so if that's important to you, you might want to choose Touch.

Ext5 has the new MVVM architecture -- if that's more important to you then you might want to choose Ext5. Ext5 is also likely going to be easier to style/work with for desktop.

It's all really going to depend on which things are important to your architecture that one framework offers better than the other.

Your questions are all very good questions, and I've brought them up with the team. It's possible that some sort of a comparison document may well come of that, because you will most certainly not be the last person to ask these questions!
    Steve Sobel
    @honestbleeps