Thread: Ext.device.Connection works in Chrome, but not on iPad

Sencha User

Default Ext.device.Connection works in Chrome, but not on iPad

I have a project which needs to check whether the device is connected before submitting a form. I'm using

Code:
    Ext.device.Connection.isOnline() 
    to check this. When doing this in Chrome during development, the method works just fine. As soon as I deploy to an iPad or the iOS simulator, the app "hangs" at the line which checks isOnline(). I get no error reported and can therefore not debug this.

I'm using Phonegap 3.4, iOS7.1, Sencha Cmd 4.0.0.203, Sencha Touch 2.3.1.

Has anyone else had this problem and resolved it? If so, I'd be grateful if you would share how you did so. Otherwise, can anyone even point me in the right direction to find out what's going wrong?

Thank you in advance.

Tony

Sencha - Support Team
    Answers

Did you require Ext.device.Connection? In development you may want to check the console for warnings.
    Since you are using Cordova have you tried using the api directly with their connection plugin?
    https://github.com/apache/cordova-pl...v/doc/index.md
    Get more personalized support via a support subscription.

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services [email protected]

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Need to include a test case use:
    The official Sencha Fiddle

Sencha User

Hi, thanks for replying. Yes, I have required it. There are no warnings shown in the console on XCode (obviously none in Chrome, as it works fine there). However, in XCode, I can't even get a console.log from within the app to show. So, my debugging is down to firing alerts, which is how I get to the conclusion that the component is the cause.I haven't tried what you've suggested in terms of cordova, I'll give that a try today and report back.

Sencha User
    Answers

Even for me, it is working on chrome but not in iPhone. Any update on this issue ?

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

I think you have to explicitly include a separate plugin for console.logs to show up in XCode. Try this one - https://github.com/apache/cordova-pl.../index.mdSorry, it doesn't solve your root problem but might help you debug it easier.

Sencha User
    Answers

could please give me valid link ?

Sencha User
    Answers

Is it working for anyone ? Still struggling to fix this problem.Thanks

Sencha User
    Answers

I think it is infringement copyright of Apple, similar to input type="file". In Android, you can choose any file types you want, but in iOS, Apple doesn't allow that. You only can choose photos and videos from your ipads, iphones, otherwise you have to sign up and contact to apple support. Apple licenses prohibit some accesses to its files system, notifications,...