Thread: Sencha Touch and Mobile Iron Appconnect

Default Sencha Touch and Mobile Iron Appconnect

Hi my dear sencha users,

I'm building an app ussing sencha touch 2.3 , phonegap and Mobile Iron.
    I have two questions:

First one:
    Does sencha touch know if there is compatability with Mobile Iron Appconnect? And if they have any experience about making connections via the apptunnel?

Question two:
    I really need your help setting up a project for Android. I'm using the newest Phonegap CLI 3.1. We use MobileIron to tunnel traffic from outside into our intranet. There is a wrapping service offered from the company but the problem is to use the right API.
    We develop applications with Sencha Touch 2.3. The MobileIron Guide tells me this:

Important: An AppConnect app can use tunneling only if the app accesses the enter-
    prise server using one of the following APIs:
    java.net.HttpURLConnection
    java.net.ssl.HttpsURLConnection
    Apache HttpClient
    Android HttpClient

Can you guys tell me how to archieve that all http request using the Sencha Touch Classes (Ext.Ajax) are send using one of these API?

Kind regards.

Answers

Hey,

I'm developing Application with AppConnect also, but I still haven't a solution for Android.

What I can say is that you can use Ajax and JsonP requests without a problem using Sencha Touch...

So your answers would be:

First one:
    Normal Json, JsonP, Ajax works on iOS without a problem.

Question two:
    I couldn't figure out how to implement AppConnect to an android app with cordova, I'm waiting for a solution from MobileIron...

Conclusion:
    Sencha has nothing to do with Mobile Iron, it would be more a part of Phonegap / Cordova. As you can see on the MobileIron roadmap there will be a plugin available for AppConnect anytime soon.
    Mark thread as answered if your problem could be solved and leave a vote for helpful answers

For more help check out my new blog: http://abitofcoding.blogspot.com

T
    o get in contact with me just send me a message on Google+

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by costea17k View Post
    Hi my dear sencha users,

I'm building an app ussing sencha touch 2.3 , phonegap and Mobile Iron.
    I have two questions:

First one:
    Does sencha touch know if there is compatability with Mobile Iron Appconnect? And if they have any experience about making connections via the apptunnel?

Question two:
    I really need your help setting up a project for Android. I'm using the newest Phonegap CLI 3.1. We use MobileIron to tunnel traffic from outside into our intranet. There is a wrapping service offered from the company but the problem is to use the right API.
    We develop applications with Sencha Touch 2.3. The MobileIron Guide tells me this:

Important: An AppConnect app can use tunneling only if the app accesses the enter-
    prise server using one of the following APIs:
    java.net.HttpURLConnection
    java.net.ssl.HttpsURLConnection
    Apache HttpClient
    Android HttpClient

Can you guys tell me how to archieve that all http request using the Sencha Touch Classes (Ext.Ajax) are send using one of these API?

Kind regards.
    Have you found a solution yet? I'm still working with our support partner to set up the AppConnect in the Android project... I appreciate any kind of help you can give!
    Mark thread as answered if your problem could be solved and leave a vote for helpful answers

T

Sencha Premium User alexander.urban's Avatar
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by u25771 View Post
    Conclusion:
    Sencha has nothing to do with Mobile Iron, it would be more a part of Phonegap / Cordova. As you can see on the MobileIron roadmap there will be a plugin available for AppConnect anytime soon.
    Could you provide a link to said roadmap, please?

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alexander.urban View Post
    Could you provide a link to said roadmap, please?
    Unfortunately I can't because it is only available to MobileIron customers. What I can say is that it has been released. Take a look HERE, you need a login...

Are you having trouble with AppConnect and MobileIron? We have the problem fixed now. It's about the license program of MobileIron. If you want to send me a private message so we can discuss this in private.

Best regards.

T