Thread: Zooming in webbrowser

Ext JS Premium Member

Question Zooming in webbrowser

Hello,

I have some trouble with an ExtJS4.2.x application if the user zooms the webbrowser (i.e. to 120% or even more). Some customers don't seem to be able to read all content of the grids, so they zoom the application via webbrowser technology instantly (as they do with every website). Now, the application seems to have some trouble i.e. during reloading grid content, if one or more column has the attribute "flex" set to a value: these columns grow about a pixel or two every reload of the grid (reload of the store is done via the paging toolbar). Sencha support only told me that zooming is not supported in ExtJS.
    Do you have any hint or best practice how to solve this situation?

Regards,
    Harald

We also had trouble with layout when zooming. Ended up being more hassle than we felt it was worth so just say it's not supported too I'm afraid.
    Product Architect
    Altus Ltd.

You could create several size variation with your theme, font size and component heights, etc and provide them as options in your UI where users would switch the theme instead of using browser zoom. This way you know how everything looks in each size.
    varsos

Ext JS Premium Member

Hello,

we also thought a "+" and "minus" button to accomplish this task, but actually no-one uses the buttons if he can zoom page-independantly with the browser's zoom capability. Using the browser to zoom is much common. We'll wait until ExtJS5 which may handle this task better.