Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46

Thread: How to find remote job for ExtJS developer?

  1. #11
    Sencha Premium User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by varsos View Post
    You keep mentioning about jobs in the US that pay $100/hr for EXTJS coding.
    Not sure where you got that idea, but no serious company anywhere, not just US, will hire you for $100/hr
    $70 to $90 per hour is not a problem in the Chicago area for a senior JavaScript developer with in-depth Ext JS experience. In fact I know these people will pay in this range if you got the skills they are looking for, here is the link

    This is an on-site contract, 6 to 12 months.

  2. #12
    Sencha Premium User varsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    367

    Default

    @Mikhail Tatsky

    You can't code in jquery because of the syntax? Did you try? If you really understand JavaScript it is not that hard.

    varsos

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by varsos View Post
    @Mikhail Tatsky

    You can't code in jquery because of the syntax? Did you try? If you really understand JavaScript it is not that hard.

    Many javascript developers start exactly from jquery, I started in a bit other manner.
    First my IT experince as all other student was from C++ than I played much with Qt.
    Also I played with javascript, everybody say me use jquery but I instead of that developed my first small
    lib with ajax and so on. My familiar with JQuery from the start did not go.
    Than I knew about ExtJS. It was almost the same as Qt, Windows, grids and so on. And easy syntax. I liked very much.

    In ExtJS what is element, it is Ext.Element, in JQuery what it is?
    Actually I even can not say. It is some getting over $(..) that return something with some function.
    Honestly I even do not know what it is.

    Than let us look at source of ExtJS and JQuery first lines
    Code:
    var Ext = Ext || {};
    Ext._startTime = new Date().getTime();
    (function() {
        var global = this,
            objectPrototype = Object.prototype,
            toString = objectPrototype.toString,
            enumerables = true,
            enumerablesTest = {toString: 1},
            emptyFn = function () {},
            
            
            callOverrideParent = function () {
                var method = callOverrideParent.caller.caller; 
                return method.$owner.prototype[method.$name].apply(this, arguments);
            },
            i,
            nonWhitespaceRe = /\S/,
            ExtApp,
            iterableRe = /\[object\s*(?:Array|Arguments|\w*Collection|\w*List|HTML\s+document\.all\s+class)\]/;
    
    
        Function.prototype.$extIsFunction = true;
    
    
        Ext.global = global;
    
    
        for (i in enumerablesTest) {
            enumerables = null;
        }
    
    
        if (enumerables) {
            enumerables = ['hasOwnProperty', 'valueOf', 'isPrototypeOf', 'propertyIsEnumerable',
                           'toLocaleString', 'toString', 'constructor'];
        }
    
    
        
        Ext.enumerables = enumerables;
    
    
        
        Ext.apply = function(object, config, defaults) {
            if (defaults) {
                Ext.apply(object, defaults);
            }
    Now JQuery
    Code:
    /*!
     * jQuery JavaScript Library v1.11.0
     * http://jquery.com/
     *
     * Includes Sizzle.js
     * http://sizzlejs.com/
     *
     * Copyright 2005, 2014 jQuery Foundation, Inc. and other contributors
     * Released under the MIT license
     * http://jquery.org/license
     *
     * Date: 2014-01-23T21:02Z
     */
    
    
    (function( global, factory ) {
    
    
        if ( typeof module === "object" && typeof module.exports === "object" ) {
            // For CommonJS and CommonJS-like environments where a proper window is present,
            // execute the factory and get jQuery
            // For environments that do not inherently posses a window with a document
            // (such as Node.js), expose a jQuery-making factory as module.exports
            // This accentuates the need for the creation of a real window
            // e.g. var jQuery = require("jquery")(window);
            // See ticket #14549 for more info
            module.exports = global.document ?
                factory( global, true ) :
                function( w ) {
                    if ( !w.document ) {
                        throw new Error( "jQuery requires a window with a document" );
                    }
                    return factory( w );
                };
        } else {
            factory( global );
        }
    
    
    // Pass this if window is not defined yet
    }(typeof window !== "undefined" ? window : this, function( window, noGlobal ) {
    
    
    // Can't do this because several apps including ASP.NET trace
    // the stack via arguments.caller.callee and Firefox dies if
    // you try to trace through "use strict" call chains. (#13335)
    // Support: Firefox 18+
    //
    
    
    var deletedIds = [];
    
    
    var slice = deletedIds.slice;
    
    
    var concat = deletedIds.concat;
    
    
    var push = deletedIds.push;
    
    
    var indexOf = deletedIds.indexOf;
    
    
    var class2type = {};
    
    
    var toString = class2type.toString;
    
    
    var hasOwn = class2type.hasOwnProperty;
    
    
    var trim = "".trim;
    
    
    var support = {};
    
    
    
    
    
    
    var
        version = "1.11.0",
    
    
        // Define a local copy of jQuery
        jQuery = function( selector, context ) {
            // The jQuery object is actually just the init constructor 'enhanced'
            // Need init if jQuery is called (just allow error to be thrown if not included)
            return new jQuery.fn.init( selector, context );
        },
    
    
        // Make sure we trim BOM and NBSP (here's looking at you, Safari 5.0 and IE)
        rtrim = /^[\s\uFEFF\xA0]+|[\s\uFEFF\xA0]+$/g,
    
    
        // Matches dashed string for camelizing
        rmsPrefix = /^-ms-/,
        rdashAlpha = /-([\da-z])/gi,
    
    
        // Used by jQuery.camelCase as callback to replace()
        fcamelCase = function( all, letter ) {
            return letter.toUpperCase();
        };
    
    
    jQuery.fn = jQuery.prototype = {
        // The current version of jQuery being used
        jquery: version,
    
    
        constructor: jQuery,
    
    
        // Start with an empty selector
        selector: "",
    
    
        // The default length of a jQuery object is 0
        length: 0,
    Maybe for somebody JQuery source is more cleaner and undastandable, for me ExtJS is more understandable.

    Also it is possible to compare projects of JQuery and ExtJS.
    ExtJS projects are more structural, jquery projects looks not structural.
    Also JQuery likes special symbols like _ and other.

    There is such phrase : 'Human readable code'.
    JQuery code is not like it.
    ExtJS is human readable.

    It is very important, because it requires less time on developing.

    Of course, JQuery is not framework it is just lib.
    But all additional parts to it, like backbone, are not cool.

    Ext Core 3 (MIT) in comparing to JQuery already has RIA architecture which JQuery does not have.

    JQuery plugins architecture is really not plugin. It can be said anything but not plugin.

    And many other points.
    Do not want to argue about JQuery is good or bad, it is on market and widely used.
    But I do not want to use it.

    Of course I can write some simple on JQuery, but for real coding it is not enough.
    For not all project use backbone at least.
    In everything it is needed experience.

    During many times when I started try JQuery to use it was like it.
    "I must learn it. Than to the end of day,, JQuery is awful thing, I would better write my own lib and do all as I like"
    Unfortunately, Ext Core 3 (MIT), is not supported any more.
    Deft JS is nice, but not the thing I need.
    As result I developed my own lib on which I code during last 2 years my lib of 40 000 - 60 000 lines thing.
    Lib core(JQuery, Ext Core alternative) is about 5000 lines.
    Hope soon release.

    But it was not because I wanted to develop new car, I just did not have on market the thing I need.
    I become javascript Architect because no choice.

    With ExtJS I can not find remote job and till the moment did not find any.
    Start to develop on JQuery I did not wanted.
    In future I maybe will start Angular. Do not want, but maybe must be.


    During my carrier it was one month, when I worked remote on Ed Spencer.
    Very pity that he was not able to manage my work because slept 4 hours per day and was too overbusy.

    Anyway I left from ExtJS developing 2 -3 years ago.
    And very doubt that again come back.

  4. #14
    Sencha Premium User varsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    367

    Default

    "Many JavaScript developers start with jquery..." and many start with Extjs, but the really good JavaScript developers start with JavaScript.
    One can debate who's right or better, but both are just tools in our toolbox to use to solve problems.
    And I can guarantee you this, there aren't so many jquery developers because they like to torture themselves with bad syntax.
    In Extjs, how many ways are there to add a listener and why? Is one better than the other? Is it good or bad to have multiple ways of doing the same thing? I like to use one you may like another, our code will look syntactically different, but does it matter? Maybe, if consistency is important.

    It is good to have many skills as you seem to have, good luck.
    varsos

  5. #15
    Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    40,379

    Default

    I think the key here is not to focus on the money but focus on your skills and brand (treat your name as a brand) first and the money will follow much easier. I'm not saying if you perfect both that you will have contracts rolling in but the better you become, the more known you become, chances are more opportunities may come to you. Also, try and network with people. You may have to take some contracts that don't pay well to start creating a portfolio of clients and projects.

    There is a saying: "Walk before you run" and I think you are trying to run before you walk. Talking about money a lot on a public forum is not very professional. Instead, point out your demos and code. Show people that you know what you say you know.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch

    Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

    Posts are my own, not any current, past or future employer's.

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    There is a saying: "Walk before you run" and I think you are trying to run before you walk. Talking about money a lot on a public forum is not very professional. Instead, point out your demos and code. Show people that you know what you say you know.
    That is easy to say when you have job and can find job easily because can move or leave in place where thire is job.
    But when you do not have job and can not hired than start nervous.
    I just explain my sititation, almost the same could be with anybody who wants to work remote.
    From all my friends and university friends(300+) I am almost the one who find some good free-lance, remote job.
    It is very complex.

    About experience and other.
    It is needed to experice on job, but not for free for years as I did.
    I by happy chance did not leave from IT at all...

    I wrote it, because I was out job during years with advance knowledge.
    It is difficult to stay calm without money and when everybody who has job say you, be calm.

    Till the moment do not understand why I was not hired by firm remotely.
    But my ideas are used...
    Is it fair to get ideas of developers than implement them in products of firm, instead of hiring good developer.
    I will not write the name of firm, that do not offend it, but all on this forum know this firm...

    I am not commicated well, because to get job I during 4 years worked almost for free.
    All that make me nervous... and bad at communication.

    I hope I did not offend anybody.

  7. #17
    Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    40,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail Tatsky View Post
    That is easy to say when you have job and can find job easily because can move or leave in place where thire is job.
    But when you do not have job and can not hired than start nervous.
    I didn't always have a job, I was a struggling contractor.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch

    Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

    Posts are my own, not any current, past or future employer's.

  8. #18
    Sencha Premium User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    I didn't always have a job, I was a struggling contractor.
    Not all contractors struggle. I didn't have a full-time job in over 7 years and I have no debts either

  9. #19
    Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    40,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LesJ View Post
    Not all contractors struggle. I didn't have a full-time job in over 7 years and I have no debts either
    Never said all do and never said struggle meant financially
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch

    Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

    Posts are my own, not any current, past or future employer's.

  10. #20

    Default

    Sorry for that mentioning, always try to forget that time without job.
    But 4 years for about 83$ per month, that is what I earn for 4 years with ExtJS if to div by months did a bit rude.
    Can not stop it.

    Always ask myself, why during 4 years developers who are not cooler that me earn 80 000$ per year and I earn 2000$ per year.
    Can not stop that compliants.
    Sorry me

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •