Thread: Sencha Architect Java Dependency

Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for DSGNR-5524 in a recent build.

Default Sencha Architect Java Dependency

I am trying to get my Sencha Architect 3 project to recognize my install of Java 7.1. I have re installed the latest 32 bit version of Java, added the entry into my system variable PATH (JAVA_HOME - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_51).

Architect still doesn't recognize that I have a valid version of Java installed. I go to Preferences > Dependencies, and it still has 'Not Installed' next to my Java runtime environment.

This is affecting my ability to compile themes from within architect, and I am at a loss of what I could be missing.

Thanks

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Sencha User

same here

Sencha User

installed java 1.6, and it worked

Sencha Premium Member

I have the same problem.

Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

Sencha User

Default This has been a known bug for a while.

It's amazing Sencha still hasn't fixed this essential show stopper. http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...-JDK-installed

Default You need to install the JDK but the link to install Java goes to JRE download page

Not sure if everyone has figured this out, but the link from the message to install Java is a link to the JRE, but the message says you need to install the JDK. Once I installed the JDK, which is a different download you can look for on java.com, the message went away and things are good.

Patrick Bennett
    IMM.com