Thread: cannot see "find" items in code editor light theme

Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for DSGNR-5351 in Architect 3.1.
    Sencha Premium Member

Default cannot see "find" items in code editor light theme

I cannot see the items found when searching in the code editor when using the light theme. The color selected (light gray?) is not different enough from the background to see easily.

Please change to a more distinctive color (red?) so my poor eyes can find it. As it is I may as well just search myself.

Work around: Change to Dark theme. It is inconvenient to change themes to search. (I do not like working in the dark theme).

Looking forward to this fix!

Thanks,
    Worth

Sencha Premium Member

Would be nice if we could fix this. It's just CSS isn't it? Can that not be made adjustable like chrome devtools?

Sencha User

Looks like we're using a different color for "Find" and "Find All" -- the former being a light purple and the latter a light grey. That's certainly a bug that they're different, but do both colors have the visibility issue for you or would it be sufficient if we changed to one of them over the other?

Sencha Premium Member

After a bit more testing, I find that the problem is predominately visible (or not visible ) when I'm looking at the code for an entire controller. If I pass my cursor over a function and the entire function gets highlighted, meaning it can be selected for editing, then it is really hard to see the items "found" within that area.

I assume that the reasoning for selecting the light grey/light purple is to have a pleasant matching set of theme colors. However in this situation, my opinion is to select a color which contrasts substantially with the surroundings to make sure it is noticed.

For example, I'm typing this post in Chrome and if I search for "color", the "found" item is in orange and all the others ("find all") are yellow. Try it in your browser.

These colors stand out and make finding the desired items easy. The colors may clash with the theme color but in this case I would think that would be the idea.

To answer your question directly, no, changing both "find" and "find all" to either light grey or light purple would not be the best for my old eyes.

Thanks for listening to my input. I hope some others will chime in with their opinion.

Worth