Thread: Problem loading Ext JS using an automated testing tool.

Default Problem loading Ext JS using an automated testing tool.

When we try to load our Ext JS app through the automated testing tool (UFT - Quick Test Pro) we get the following js error.
    Code:
    Message: 'applicationViewport.applicationDisplayPanel' is null or not an object
    Line: 1474
    Char: 17
    Code: 0
    URI: http://XXXXX/XXXXX/js/extApplicationFramework/js/XXXXXEXTApplicationFramework-debug.js
    I have repalced company specific items in the url with X's.

Opening the application using the same URL through a web browser works fine. It seems like the test tool is using a resource that Ext JS needs. This did not happen until a recent patch so I believe our test team may roll back the version of the tool, but we would like to solve this if possible. As always any input on this is valued. Thanks.

Sencha User

I'm afraid I don't have any experience running Ext3 through an automated testing tool.
    I'll have to defer to the community.

Best of luck!

Default Still An Issue

I was never able to resolve this and I guess our test team is looking to continue using there tool. The error they get happens in IE 8, but there tool is able to open my application correctly in newer versions of IE and Chrome. My framework files are currently at version 3.3.1. I am thinking of trying to update this to 3.4 and seeing if that helps. If anyone has other ideas let me know. Thanks!