Thread: Store with remote data loading using Generic handler

Default Store with remote data loading using Generic handler

Hi,

I am implementing MVC architecture.And Iam loading my store with remote data populated in ASHX page. My issue is that while debugging i found that control is not transferring to ASHX page .Due to this I am unable to load data to my grid. I need to know why control is not going to handler page.

Below is the code ,Please tell me where i am going wrong
    Code:
    Ext.define('RM.store.PublishedpolicystatusbymonthlyDataSets', {
        extend: 'Ext.data.Store',
        model: 'RM.model.PublishedPolicyStatusByMonthlyDataSet',
        proxy: {
            type: 'ajax',
            url: 'ReportsHandler.ashx',
            reader: {
                type: 'json',
                root: 'ChartDocument'
            }
        }
    });

Thanks in advance
    Ashwin Rai

Sencha User
    Answers

Are you saying that ReportsHandler.ashx is never being called when you load your store?

Answers

When you view the remote request in your debugging tool, what response do you get? No response? 404?

And if you hit the same URL apart from Ext JS, do you get the desired response? I always start with the simplest test in order to verify the fundamentals, and then move on to more complex implementations. Sometimes just testing URLs apart from the AJAX/Ext JS gloss helps to illuminate the issue.
    Before pasting your code, see if you can make a working example using Sencha Fiddle: https://fiddle.sencha.com/

Not only will it let everyone see what you're talking about with their own eyes, but it also makes debugging your issue 19 billion times easier

Embedding your newly created Fiddle is super-easy: Using Sencha Fiddle in the Forums