Thread: simple project not working using basic template

Sencha Premium Member

Default simple project not working using basic template

Here's my dev environment: Windows 7, latest ruby, latest Sencha command installed, old Sencha command v3 exists, Architect 2 exists.

After Architect 3 is installed, I tried to create a simple app using the login/register template.
    I then saved the project in the web server's root folder and added the correct url prefix. Without changing any code, I then clicked Preview. The browser launched with blank screen. After checking the JavaScript console, the error is related to Ext path. It looked like the app is looking for a ext folder under my project. I copied the \ext42\4.2.1.883\commercial folder under Architect 3 to my project and renamed it ext.

Tried to preview it again, still not working. Opened the project setting and clicked the Upgrade Build Tool button. It somehow decided to copy ext lib and created a folder C:\ext.

I tried to preview it again. This time, it complained about a neptune css file not found. based on the path it wrote to the index.html, it was looking for the file at the root of my web server. I copied another copy of ext folder to the web root and then preview. It finally worked... until I decide to try build a testing build.

Guess what, it build most of files under the folder I put in the publish path under Build Settings. However, it decided to put the resource folder, app.js and index.html to C:\build\testing\MyApp.

What is going on???

Did anyone test it in Windows 7 before releasing it?

I worked on Architect 2 for about a year and loved it but this new Architect 3 is...I'm speechless.

Can someone post a step by step tutorial or video somewhere showing how to use Architect 3's template feature to create a project and make it work in the browser? I found some videos but they are all about highlights of Architect 3's features, not that helpful to me.

Sencha Premium Member

I am having the exact same issues as far as paths go on Windows 8... I noticed even when enabling build tools it says it cannot initialize them... This was dead simple in Architech 2 now I am pulling my hair out. Might I add I am a complete bundle license holder, when selecting the build tools I chose the "Complete" Option and gave it the path according to the docs.... but have tried other paths as well with nothing working.

Sencha Premium Member

Okay reinstalled architech and sencha complete, the wierd folder copying issues stopped but I still get a white screen when viewing the example app... I clicked view source and this is what I find:

<script src="undefined/ext-dev.js"></script>

I then checked index.html in the project folder and it is correct:
    <script src="ext/ext-dev.js"></script>

But when looking in the htdocs folder, the index.html resulting from the build has undefined.

Sencha Premium Member

Hmm, okay I think I see the problem, it is copying over the entire folder tree to "publish path" not just the build.... is there a setting im missing somewhere or was this not tested on windows?