Thread: How to merge two project in sencha architect 2

Sencha User

Default How to merge two project in sencha architect 2

Hello Team,

I have Created two different project on two different machine.
    Both the project have same project structure.
    Both the projects have one main view port and one main Form panel.
    Now I want to merge both the project and form into one machine using the same tool.

But we didn't get any solution.

I have been gone through following steps (which was not working)

1. I have manually edit view/controller files under metadata folder.
    2. I have also copied the code of one viewport to another one, but code won't reflect in the SA2.
    3. I have also copied all the files of one project to another one. but again it won't reflect in SA2.

This is getting really very frustrating ,
    Team, any idea how to merge two different projects/files into single one.

Thanks & Regards,
    Arvind

Sencha User

As you are seeing; manually editing Architect files is tricky. There are no easy ways to merge two projects together.
    Jason Minnick
    Sencha Architect Development Team

so folks... what is the answer to this question? anyone?

How are multiple programmers supposed to work with Sencha architect?

Sencha User

Default Dropbox?

Why don't you try storing the project in a folder on Dropbox that is accesible between both developers?

That's what I have been doing for my Sencha Touch projects and it has worked very well. Just remember to do regular backups for major versions.

When I used the demo of architect I seem to remember that you can archive projects so I would also do that. I take it you have not exported the files you require from one project and imported into the other (right click on view / model / store etc and export to file, the import to the other project?)

:-)

Sencha User

Hi Carlos..did you get any solution to this? I am really wondering if there is any practical way (not manually merging the metadata jsons) out there to regularly merge the project files? I too want multiple developers in my team to work on the same Architect project independently and then regularly merge & test the integrated version on their local machines.

vinaymehraSencha,

Unfortunately I did not find nor heard a solution for this. So until Sencha develops a two way solution (allows you to manually edit any part of the code, while keeping the WYSIWYG model up to date), I will not be able to use Architect. It's just too impractical for a team of more than 1 person working at the same time.

sorry I was not very helpful.

// Carlos