Thread: Video in Sencha Animator

Sencha User

Default Video in Sencha Animator

I typically animate in After Effects and ToonBoom/Stage but I am currently doing the Sencha Animator trial to see if our company will pick it up for using animations on our website.

What is the best way to bring animations from these other programs into Sencha? I have tried to bring in video via the video import but the alpha channel doesn't seem to cross over and be recognized in Sencha.

I also tried to recreate it using PNG sequences but can't find a way to import them as a sequence nor stagger the images manually in the time line.

I have also tried to animate directly in Sencha but again, I need to be able to stagger the images. So far it appears that I can only create a usable bar to move on the timeline for the asset if I set two key frames and I can only set a second key frame if I am making a change to the image which I don't always want to do. I really just want an in and out point for that image.

Any advice? Thanks.

Sencha User

I have only done one job so far with Sencha Animator. I believe there is not an import function for sequences like you ask for. And each element needs its own layer/track. I have not done frame to frame animation yet.

Sencha User

If you want to create a frame-by-frame animation, there is a mechanism to do so in Animator 1.5, and it is described in our documentation as working with sprites: http://docs.sencha.com/animator/1.5/...ncepts_sprites

In a nutshell this is the procedure:
    1. You should put all your png's in a sequence into a single image file.
    2. You create a new object with the dimensions of a single sprite. Set its background to the image sequence file that you created.
    3. Create a beginning and ending keyframe on the timeline.
    4. For the ending keyframe set the position (x if your image sequence is horizontal, y if vertical) to n-1 * w (where n is number of sprites and w width - or height if vertical - of a single sprite)
    5. Set the Easing property (under Keyframe->General->Easing) for the first keyframe to be 'Steps(x, start), and enter the number of steps to be n-1

These settings should automatically switch through all the sprites at regular intervals between the two keyframes.

There is also a demo project that uses sprites for animation so you can take a look for further inspiration: http://docs.sencha.com/animator/1.5/...hip/index.html

Hope it helps, and good luck!

Sencha User

Small update to above described method: the background position is in % rather than in pixels, so you should set the x (or y for vertical sprites) to 0% in the first keyframe, and 100% in the last keyframe.