Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sencha Cmd for NetBeans IDE

Default Sencha Cmd for NetBeans IDE

Today we're releasing a NetBeans Plugin for Sencha Cmd. Simply put it allows you to execute Sencha Cmd from within the IDE. It frees you from going to the command line and frees you from remembering the Sencha Cmd command line syntax.

The plugin is open sourced and is available from BitBucket where you can also find the .nbm file for direct download.

Note that there are other improvements coming to Ext JS in NetBeans: The NetBeans team are making improvements on Ext JS support in NetBeans 7.4. These improvements deal with the Editor. The plugin, on the other hand, is solely about Sencha Cmd integration.

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar

Very nice! Thanks for the support and contribution!
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Posts are my own, not any current, past or future employer's.

Default Plugin updated

The plugin has today been updated to fix a NPE bug that would show on certain occasions.
    Please grab the latest plugin from either project website on BitBucket or from NetBeans Plugin Portal.

Default Verified for NB 7.4

Plugin has been verified with NetBeans 7.4. (no other changes, still same binary)
    Please grab the latest plugin from either project website on BitBucket or from NetBeans Plugin Portal.

Sencha User

Didn't work for me. Right click on project --> Sencha Cmd. Clicked through the dialog and upon finish nothing happened.

Running OSX 10.8.5, Netbeans 7.3.1, Sencha Cmd v4.0.0.203

Default OSX and Sencha Cmd 4.x

Re OS X:

Support for OS X is implemented but for (un)natural reasons we haven't been able to test it. It may or may not work. We've tested on a lot of platforms but OS X is like no other that we know of because it requires you to purchase actual Apple hw. At first when we learned of this we thought it was a joke, but please correct if wrong.
    In short we rely on good hearted people who own a Mac to test for us.
    We'll release a new version today which gives better feedback. This will enable people who are using OSX to give us more input.

Re Sencha Cmd 4.x
    Yes, we know it was recently made GA (3rd of Oct?) but we checked as late as yesterday if docs has been published for it yet. That wasn't the case yesterday so thought we would wait. Anyway we possibly didn't look close enough or it has been updated over the last 24h because it is certainly there now. So we'll start looking at supporting Sencha Cmd 4.x. However pretty sure this is not the cause of your problems.

Default New version

Plugin has been updated to v0.9.4.

• Now stops user from executing 'app generate' on an existing Sencha Cmd project.
    • Various changes to better detect OS cmd execution problems.
    • Changed detection of OS X.
    • Version bumped to 0.9.4.

Default OS X

@bmewburn : It would be great if you could pick up the latest version of the plugin and see if it works now on OS X. Thx.

Hi to all,
    i am new for sencha and using ubuntu. I have a big doubt that how to plug in sencha CMD with netbeans 7.4, infact, i downloaded .nbm file from particular site(bitbucket.org) and installed in netbeans. After that, in the miscellaneous option i browse and locate SenchaCmd-4.0.0.203-linux-x64.run in the executable path. and i extracted sencha touch and ext and copy that folder in my local drive and clicked ok. While i am create html5 project and right click-->sencha Cmd---> generate app then its shows
    There has been an error.Unknown option: --sdk-path.
    please help me anyone how can i fix this error..

Quote Originally Posted by kpm.manikandan View Post
    Hi to all,
    i am new for sencha and using ubuntu. I have a big doubt that how to plug in sencha CMD with netbeans 7.4, infact, i downloaded .nbm file from particular site(bitbucket.org) and installed in netbeans. After that, in the miscellaneous option i browse and locate SenchaCmd-4.0.0.203-linux-x64.run in the executable path. and i extracted sencha touch and ext and copy that folder in my local drive and clicked ok. While i am create html5 project and right click-->sencha Cmd---> generate app then its shows
    There has been an error.Unknown option: --sdk-path.
    please help me anyone how can i fix this error..
    It seems to me you haven't actually installed Sencha Cmd. You need to execute that file SenchaCmd-4.0.0.203-linux-x64.run in order to install it.

When the plugin says it needs to know where to find the sencha cmd executable it means "sencha" (or "sencha.exe" if you're on Windows). You seem to be pointing it to the installation bundle.

Have I misunderstood ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast