Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sencha Cmd and Ruby 2.0

Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for SDKTOOLS-643 in 4.0.1.45.
    Sencha User

Default Sencha Cmd and Ruby 2.0

Before starting on Sencha Cmd I already had Ruby on my Windows workstation as I use Ruby for other purposes. This happens to be Ruby v2.0.

However Sencha Cmd gives me this error:

Code:
    [ERR] Detected ruby version 2.0.0 was not less than 2.0. Please install ruby 1.8 or 1.9.
    [ERR]

Did not find a system installed ruby runtime
    Please install ruby for this platform and ensure that
    a ruby command compatible with 1.8 or 1.9 is available
    on the system path.
    I'm wondering if it is really true that Sencha Cmd will not work with Ruby 2.0 ?
    Do I really need to install an additional Ruby version on my workstation simply for the sake of Sencha Cmd? If so how do I tell Sencha Cmd which of the installed Ruby versions that I would like to use with Sencha Cmd ?

Thanks.

Is this on a Mac/Linux box or Windows?

Sencha User

Actually the original post already said "on my Windows workstation" but I can be a bit more specific and say Windows 7.

I'm having the same issue. Have you been able to find a solution?

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by reallyroy View Post
    I'm having the same issue. Have you been able to find a solution?
    Nope.

There is discussion internally to allow the Ruby path to be configurable per application.

In the meantime, here are the steps you'd take for Windows or Mac/Linux:

In Mac/Linux -
    In cmdInstallDir/Sencha/Cmd/{version}/sencha (the shell script) input somewhere before the Java commands:

Code:
    export $Path=/path/to/ruby/i/want:$Path

In Windows -
    In cmdInstallDir/Sencha/Cmd/{version}/ youll need to add a sencha.cmd shell script. In that you will set the path and execute sencha.exe:

Code:
    setlocal
    set PATH=C:\path\to\ruby\1.x:%PATH%
    sencha.exe %*
    endlocal

Thanks slemmon. I will give this a try.

Sencha Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by slemmon View Post
    There is discussion internally to allow the Ruby path to be configurable per application.

In the meantime, here are the steps you'd take for Windows or Mac/Linux:

In Mac/Linux -
    In cmdInstallDir/Sencha/Cmd/{version}/sencha (the shell script) input somewhere before the Java commands:

Code:
    export $Path=/path/to/ruby/i/want:$Path

I've just upgraded to Mac OS X Mavericks and it seems to have broken everything. It's installed Ruby 2.0 but I can't seem to find what I was running before. I was on OS X Mountain Lion so but was running XCode 5 so I guess it must have been 1.8 something, but I don't know where to find the path to the original version.

Any help is hugely appreciated. I'm not a mac person really I'm afraid. I use it but don't know much about the details of it...

Could you please explain a bit more what i'm supposed to be doing to find the path of version 1.8 or whatever I had before, and where I'm supposed to add this command above? In the "sencha" file in the location you mention above.

Sorry for being thick, I'm just really struggling with all this and don't understand why I seem to have issues with Ruby 2.0 with Sencha...

Thanks so much!

Sencha Premium User

See this thread about Mavericks.

Sencha Premium Member

Default OS X Mavericks, Sencha Cmd 4.0 and Ruby 2.0 issues

OK, got a fix for this, I spent hours trying everything to get Ruby 1.9 installed on my OS X Mavericks with no success until I stumbled across this amazing post by Dean Perry (@DeanPerry) which got me installed with Ruby 1.9.3 on Mac OS X Mavericks!! http://bit.ly/1bzzgPp

I also found that I didn't seem to have ant installed after the upgrade so followed the advice on this page: http://superuser.com/questions/61015...os-x-mavericks

All was good and the command:

sencha app build native

worked perfectly after that!! Good luck and hope this proves useful!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast