Thread: sencha app build testing has trouble finding JS files outside app-directory

Ext GWT Premium Member

Default sencha app build testing has trouble finding JS files outside app-directory

Hi,

all my controllers, views, etc live in the app folder. But beside the app folder (on the same level) I have another folder called 'astCommon' which has a subfolder 'util' which contains a Logger.js file, which is defined as Ext.define('ast.util.Logger', ...

In my app.js file I tell sencha touch that the namespace 'ast' can be found in the folder 'astCommon'

Code:
    Ext.Loader.setPath({
        'Ext': 'touch/src',
        'ast': 'astCommon'
    });
    which works super when I load the index.html file into my browser. Everything is loaded as expected.

But when I try to build using sencha-command: sencha app build testing

I get the following error

Code:
    [INF] Loading classpath entry C:\kepler\workspaces\mae\MaeMobile\src\main\webapp\touch\src
    [INF] Loading classpath entry C:\kepler\workspaces\mae\MaeMobile\src\main\webapp\app.js
    [INF] Loading classpath entry C:\kepler\workspaces\mae\MaeMobile\src\main\webapp\app
    [ERR] C2008: Requirement had no matching files (ast.util.Logger) -- C:\kepler\workspaces\mae\MaeMobile\src\main\webapp\app.js:2294
    [ERR] The following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\kepler\workspaces\mae\MaeMobile\src\main\webapp\.sencha\app\build-impl.xml:165: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\kepler\workspaces\mae\MaeMobile\src\main\webapp\.sencha\app\build-impl.xml:158: com.sencha.exceptions.ExScript: Wrapped com.sencha.exceptions.ExBuild: Failed to
    find any files for C:\kepler\workspaces\mae\MaeMobile\src\main\webapp\app.js::ClassRequire::ast.util.Logger (x-app-build#291)
       runAppBuild (x-app-build:291)
       [anonymous] (x-app-build:571)
       x_app_build (x-app-build:569)
       <script> (anonymous:1)
    What do I have to configure for Sencha Cmd to know about the location "astCommon"? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Best,
    Ronald

For any custom classes defined outside of the default app folder youll need to add the folder for the common classes to the applications classPath. Look in appRoot/.sencha/app/sencha.cfg. If the folder where the common classes are kept is astCommon then youd add that to the comma separated classPath in the .cfg.
    i.e.
    app.classpath=${app.dir}/app,${app.dir}/app.js
    becomes
    app.classpath=${app.dir}/app,${app.dir}/astCommon,${app.dir}/app.js

Ext GWT Premium Member

Thank you!

Works like a charm.

Ronald