Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ext.ux.IFrame issue

Sencha Premium Member

Hi @jakalos sorry for my delay: i change a little the code of the example, and now at the when the app is renderer not load the 'Home' page for the firts tab and now i add the DockType declaration, but all is going like i say before; if in the iframe i put a direct link i don't see the error, and the menu button when i click for the second time closed perfectly; but if i put in the center an iframe with extjs (i'll try only 'home page' or more complex page) the button is never closed if i don't click in one of the option listed in the menu.
    I try this configuratoin and the result is the same:
    1) BrowserMode: IE 9, Document Mode Quirks: this is the standard of my browser;
    2) BrowserMode: IE 9, Document Mode IE7 Standards
    3) BrowserMode: IE 9, Document Mode IE8 Standards
    4) BrowserMode: IE 9, Document Mode IE9 Standards
    I try also in Browser Mode IE9 Compatibility View and the other configuration but nothing change.

I test this new code with IE10 and probably now with the use of the doctype all is going well, and the error disappear, but i need to write an application cross browser and cross configuration browser and i need to resolve this problem.

Sencha - Community Support Team jsakalos's Avatar
    Answers

I've re-tested it and in my case the page defaults to document mode "IE 5 quirks" and that creates the problem. If I add <!doctype html> then it goes to the standards mode and there's no problem then.

FYI, Compatibility View is not supported whatsoever.

If the problem persists the best would be to open a support ticket on the matter.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Education, extensions and services for developers at new http://extjs.eu
    News: Grid MultiSearch Plugin, Grid MultiSort Plugin, Configuring ViewModel Hierarchy

Sencha Premium Member

There is no problem with IE10, ok that Compatibility View is not supported but i need to write a cross-browser application an cross configuration browser. I'll now open a support ticket.

Sencha Premium Member

Hi all,
    i opened a ticket but scott martin says me that he can't do nothing to resolve the problem, my boss wrote about a month ago to the Sencha services but he never had response. There is anyone that use a similar complex layout. I noticed that this problem have other side effect also to the menu button and if i detach the single page i don't see the problems. The problem is limited to iframe and IE9, but our other application wrote in extjs2.3 or ext3.1 never have this kind of problem with this browser.
    Any sort of help now is helpfull.
    best regards

Answers

What we've done while distributing a big app that had to be IE compatible was that we packaged it with Desktop Packager and distributed as .exe file. The development cost while trying to make it IE[7|8|9|10] was just too high to be accepted.

Nobody complains - it's just another application for them. Nobody cares that it is just another browser (webkit) in essence.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

News: Grid MultiSearch Plugin, Grid MultiSort Plugin, Configuring ViewModel Hierarchy

Sencha Premium Member

Hi jsakalos,
    i know that the development cost while trying to make it IE[7|8|9|10] was too high, but i need to be accepted this cost.

My company had to write really cross-browser app, because we produce web application.

I found (for now) this solution but is only a ugly workaround:

Code:
    {id:'menuButton', 
      xtype:'button', 
     text: 'Button', 
     menu:[{text: 'Item 1'}]
      }

(...)
    if(Ext.isIE9m){
                    var buttonMenu= Ext.getCmp('menubutton');
                    buttonMenu.enableToggle=true;

buttonMenu.on('click',function(){
                        if(this.pressed){
                            this.toggle(true);
                            this.menu.show();
                        }else{
                            this.toggle(false);
                            this.menu.hide();
                        }
                    })
    Anybody found a better solution?

Answers

Well, IMO, if it works and if it doesn't break anything else it's good enough.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12