Thread: [GXT 3.0.5] Sort Grid with with multiple column

Sencha Premium Member

Default [GXT 3.0.5] Sort Grid with with multiple column

Hi there,
    I need to sort my grid using multiple column through the PagingLoadConfig.
    It is supposed to work since the method getSortInfo return a list of SortInfo, but the Grid, when RemoteSorting is enabled, only sends one SortInfo at time.
    Is there a way to achieve this multi-column sorting in the Grid with the pagination?

Thank you for the help.
    Regards

Sencha User

Are you saying that this broke in 3.0.5? How are you configuring multiple column sort - did you set something up in the grid to do this?

GXT doesn't yet support multiple column sort out of the box, though should be able to write code that configures the loader to do more than one sort at a time. Clicking on any header in the grid (with sortable enabled on that ColumnConfig) will then change the sort to only sort by that column. Otherwise, it wouldn't be possible to change the sort state in a meaningful way.

The changes in 3.0.5 should only have modified how the column header looks when you have sort programmatically set on the loader or store - it should now correctly render the state in the header icons.

Sencha Premium Member

Sorry for the delay.
    I saw that if I click on the header of the column, the SortInfo of the Paging are erased and only THAT column is added as SortInfo.
    If I override that method I'm able to achieve my goal but yes I saw that graphically only one column at time can have the "arrow" that states I'm sorting by that specific column and that's pretty bad.
    Is there a way to overcome this?