Thread: Custom Tree cell using model properties? How to access model values in setCell render

Sencha Premium Member

Default Custom Tree cell using model properties? How to access model values in setCell render

I would like to adjust the look of the Tree leafs. I basically want it to show the name of the leaf and then in bold italic a count.

The problem I am having is that I am not able to figure out how to access my model properties from the store within the render method.

Here is what I have tried.
    BaseTreeNode model = store.getChild(context.getIndex());

However this only gives me back the root folders, not the leafs.. The problem is that the index restarts within each folder...

So my question is how can I access the model property values for every item in my tree.

Here is basically what I am trying to make my Tree look like, one of my model properties is "count", which i would like to show in italic bold next to the name of each leaf item.

ie.

+ Techincal Support
    -- Open (5)
    -- On Hold (2)
    + Billing
    -- Open (10)
    -- On Hold (3)

Sencha Premium Member

So i got it working simply by adding the logic/bold and italic html to my ValueProvider name and then using the setCell / render method with sb.appendHtmlConstant(value).

However this does not seem like the correct way of doing it, it feels like all of this should go into the setCell method... I still do not know how to access my model properties for each item in the tree from the setCell render method... could someone please help.

Thank you