Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ext Road Map

Sencha User

Default Ext Road Map

We want to provide some guidance as to what's coming up, so we've put together a road map. Bear in mind that this does not list every single detail that we have planned, and certainly we'll think of things as we go. This road map also does not include maintenance releases. However, it should give you a general idea of where we're headed this year. If you have any thoughts about it, feel free to let us know here.

Thx

Sencha User

Yo great news, my favourites are...

Browser history support
    Comet/Bayeux support
    FileUpload field
    Integrated client-server data binding/marshaling for Ext components

But so many questions...

1 - There has been mention of a rework to events to reduce memory usage on IE. Will this be included with one of the 2008 releases?

2 - The existing Ext menu component doesn

Sencha User

[QUOTE=SeaSharp2;123565]
    1 - There has been mention of a rework to events to reduce memory usage on IE. Will this be included with one of the 2008 releases?

2 - The existing Ext menu component doesn

Ext User

I think too that tri-state checkbox should be avaiable.

Ext JS Premium Member

My wish list contains also the tri-state/radio group, but also a combobox with inline store/data (see community version). And in general all components should support to be created using xtype json..

Very very interesting!

I can't waint: Slider component and FileUpload field

Sencha User

Thanks for that roadmap. It looks exciting, and I'm sure it will keep Ext ahead of its competitors.

One thing I really would like is for drag/drop enabled controls to implement Ext.form.FormField's interface.

This would mean right now, being able to use an Ext.tree.TreePanel as an input field. It would have a hidden field which would reflect its state serialized in some specifiable way.

After all, drag/drop controls are a way of specifying data to be sent back to the server, they are essentially input fields. Right now, we have to add listeners to the submit process, and "interfere" in some way to collect the serialized value, and add an extra parameter to the form submit.

Also, extend DataView (or possibly, all Store backed controls) to automatically enable drag/drop using a scheme like the DDView UX where Ext.data.Records are moved or copied between instances. And this should implement Ext.form.FormField too, and maintain a hidden field. Again this is used to assemble data to be submitted to the server. It is an input field.

Ext JS Premium Member

I second the DnD.

A very welcome communication!

I'm especially enthused by the file-upload, checkbox and multi-select work.

Thanks to the whole Ext team for taking the time to put this down, and
    having the discipline to balance cool new features with deep enhancement.
    --dan

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast